Twice Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
Twice baked potato casserole is a great option for big gatherings or potlucks. It’s a family favorite and a much-requested potluck dish. So easy, so good!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 block of cream cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup blue cheese
- 2 t grated horseradish - if you grate your own cut this amount in half
- black pepper
- sea salt
- 2 cups mixed Mexican Cheese blend
- cooking spray
Quick Cook Method:
- Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces and boil until tender. Drain well. Alternately you can microwave the potatoes.
Baked Potato Method:
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake @ 450 until done.
- Put cream cheese, butter, sour cream and blue cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- While still hot cut the potato in half scoop out flesh (save skins to make potatoes skins) and place into a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Season with black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Add Horseradish
- Mash by hand with a potato masher or with a fork - a mixer will make these too sticky
- add 1/2 cup mixed cheese and fold into mixture
- Pour potato mixture into a glass casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray
- Cover with the remaining cheese
- Bake @ 350 until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown
- Serve hot.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker