Tropical Breakfast Bread Pudding Recipe
Try this Tropical Breakfast Bread Pudding, filled with bananas, coconut, and pecans topped with more coconut syrup – a taste trip to the tropics…
Since this can be assembled the night before and then popped in the oven while everyone enjoys a mimosa this is a great dish when hosting house guests or for any brunch or breakfast gathering.
Tropical Breakfast Bread Pudding
Bread puddings are super easy to make and are super versatile. Once you have the basics down you can create both sweet and savory bread puddings. Bread Pudding is one of my favorite go-to stress-free breakfast or brunch dishes. It's easy to make and always delicious.
- 1 1/2 loaves of egg bread - challah or brioche
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups banana - sliced
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut - + more for topping
- powdered sugar - optional
- 13.5 oz coconut milk - 1 can
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened cocnut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 4-quart baking dish with butter.
- Cut bread into 2-inch cubes and place in prepared 4-quart baking dish.
- Place cream and milk in a saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Place all remaining ingredients in large bowl; stir to blend. Stir in milk mixture and pour over bread.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and custard is firm. Check center of your bread pudding with a skewer to make sure the center is cooked and set. The skewer should come out clean.
- Drizzle with coconut syrup and serve hot.
- Whisk together the coconut milk and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add corn syrup, sugar, and coconut; stirring continually. Bring to a boil. Once it has reached the boiling point. remove from heat immediately.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Can be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 month.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?