Tropical Breakfast Bread Pudding Recipe
Try this Tropical Breakfast Bread Pudding, filled with bananas, coconut, and pecans topped with more coconut syrup – a taste trip to the tropics…
Since this can be assembled the night before and then popped in the oven while everyone enjoys a mimosa this is a great dish when hosting house guests or for any brunch or breakfast gathering.
Tropical Breakfast Bread Pudding
Bread puddings are super easy to make and are super versatile. Once you have the basics down you can create both sweet and savory bread puddings. Bread Pudding is one of my favorite go-to stress-free breakfast or brunch dishes. It's easy to make and always delicious.
- 1 1/2 loaves of egg bread - challah or brioche
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups banana - sliced
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut - + more for topping
- powdered sugar - optional
- 13.5 oz coconut milk - 1 can
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened cocnut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 4-quart baking dish with butter.
- Cut bread into 2-inch cubes and place in prepared 4-quart baking dish.
- Place cream and milk in a saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Place all remaining ingredients in large bowl; stir to blend. Stir in milk mixture and pour over bread.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and custard is firm. Check center of your bread pudding with a skewer to make sure the center is cooked and set. The skewer should come out clean.
- Drizzle with coconut syrup and serve hot.
- Whisk together the coconut milk and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add corn syrup, sugar, and coconut; stirring continually. Bring to a boil. Once it has reached the boiling point. remove from heat immediately.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Can be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 month.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?