Spanish Tortilla also called Tortilla de Patata or Potato Omelette Recipe
This is a wonderful filling dish, eaten across Spain. You can eat this dish warm, or cold. It is great in wedges warm, but it is also great served in thin slices on a fresh baguette.
Serve with cheese, cured meats, and olives.
Spanish Tortilla also called Tortilla de Patata or Potato Omelette
- 1 lb Yukon gold or russet potatoes - peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 1 medium Spanish onion - sliced into thin slices
- 7 eggs
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Start by washing, peeling and slicing the potatoes and onion. Heat 3 tbsp of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet, then add the potatoes and onions. Cook the potatoes over low heat until they are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the potatoes and onions from the heat, then clean the skillet.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, then add the salt and pepper to taste. Add the potatoes and onions to the eggs. Next heat the rest of the oil in the skillet and pout the egg and potatoes mixture into the skillet. Cook until the eggs are just set, about 5 minutes. While cooking, make sure to lift the edges of the tortilla, which will keep it from sticking and allow any uncooked egg to pour onto the bottom.
- The next step in cooking is flipping the tortilla over. To do this place a large plate over the top of the skillet and flip the pan over, placing the tortilla on the plate. Then carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan top side down. Cook for approximately 2 minutes longer to allow the underside to cook.
- Serve warm or cold, cut into wedges or slices.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker