Throw Dad the Best Ever Father’s Day BBQ
This year throw Dad the best ever Father’s Day BBQ. Make this all about Dad with this easy to host party, featuring filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, and grilled veggies. What Dad really wants for Father’s Day is to spend time with his kids, this BBQ is super easy so you can relax and enjoy the day with Dad. Simple and Stress-free.
How To Throw Dad the Best Ever Father’s Day BBQ
The #1 most important thing for the perfect Father’s Day BBQ is to keep it simple. All Dad really wants is to spend time with his kids, whether they are 6 months or 60 years old.
You know what Dad like’s to eat, and if he’s anything like my Dad or my husband, steak is probably pretty close to the top of the list. This party menu features filet mignon and twice baked potatoes + a twice baked potato casserole to make it even easier to make this meal special.
Special enough to celebrate Dad, but simple enough to make sure you have plenty of time just to spend with Dad.
Plus, check out the list of meals that top Dad’s favorite list. The 10 Meals Dad Wants for Father’s Day.
Signature Cocktail: Grape Jolly Rancher Hard Lemonade
Signature Mocktail: Jolly Rancher Lemonade
More Lemonade Flavors to try
Gotta have some Dad’s Root Beer
Use a wheelbarrow or galvanized tub filled with ice to keep beverages cold. Fill with ice cold water, sparkling water, and sodas. See more Beverage Station Ideas.
Source: Style Me Pretty
MAKE IT MEMORABLE
- Set-up a photo station for pics with Dad
- Make a photo book of the families favorite memories
- Scan and restore an old family photo. This is the Photo I’m working on for my Dad – hope he doesn’t read this 🙂
- Make or buy a simple wood sign with an appropriate message and have guest sign it. Keep it Simple so Guests can write on it.
Plan The Best Ever Father’s Day BBQ
- Hit the Dollar Store – They have a great selection of paper plates, napkins and disposable silverware to make this an easy, low-stress BBQ.
- Cook Dad’s Favorite Foods – Whether he loves steak, a good burger or hot dogs on the grill. This is all about Dad, so pick his favorites and enjoy!
- No Time to Cook? – Pick-up his favorite takeout meal and serve it in the backyard.
- Keep Beverages Cold – Use a wheelbarrow or galvanized tub to keep beverages icy cold.
- Kick Back & Celebrate Dad.
What could be better than a simple filet mignon, grilled to perfection and topped with garlicky blue cheese?
The Perfect Baked Potato Bar
Precook the baked potatoes in the oven or microwave, wrap in foil drizzled with olive oil and coated in salt, keep them warm and finish them on the grill. Set-up a potato topping station. If you are including sour cream and butter make sure you keep them on ice. Get recipe.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes are one of my husbands favorite side dishes. They are super easy to make but make a special side dish to grilled filet mignons. Get the recipe.
Jolly Rancher Hard Lemonade is the perfect cocktail for an easy Father’s Day BBQ. This is a favorite way to use homemade Jolly Rancher Vodka.
Remember to have a clean cooler filled with ice for beverages.
Zucchini, squash, and asparagus tossed with spices and olive oil and grilled with a little citrus and garlic is the perfect veggie dish to serve alongside grilled meats and hearty enough to serve any vegetarians in the crowd.
- Restore an old family Photo
- Find or make a wood sign for guests to sign with their advice and well wishes. Keep it simple so guests can write on it.
- Create a family memories photo book.
- Set-up a photo station to get lots of family pics with Dad.
Get More Party Ideas
Party Ideas for Every Occasion
Live More. Stress Less. Spend Better.
Stress-free party and entertaining ideas + low cost ideas to make party planning budget friendly.
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun.
Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?