Learn the Secret to the Perfect Buttermilk Biscuits
Learn the Secret to the Perfect Buttermilk Biscuits. Being from the south, it’s not breakfast without biscuits. Buttery, flaky goodness that’s perfect any time of day. Once you’ve perfected the basic recipe the variations are endless.
The Perfect Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour - spooned & leveled
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 2 t sugar
- 1 t salt
- 6 T unsalted butter - very cold and sliced
- 3/4 cup cold buttermilk
- 1 T salted sweet butter - melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt until well combined. Add the in the really cold sliced butter and cut into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter, food processor or use a fork like my Granny did. You'll end up with little balls of butter (about the size of a pea - no smaller).
- Pour the cold buttermilk into the mixture and gently work it together until the dough starts to form. Then finish combining with clean floured hands.
- Keep your hands well floured when working with the dough,
- Gently form dough into a ball with your hands.
- Place the dough on a cold lightly floured surface (my Granny used an ancient marble slab brought over from Italy) and gently press evenly to about a 1/2 inch thickness. Then fold over once, then once more. Repeat this process.
- Finally, using a floured rolling pin or glass and roll one final time to about 1/2 thick layer of dough. Cut the biscuits using a floured cookie or biscuit cutter or a glass. Cut the biscuits close together, to minimize the number of times you need to rework the dough.
- Gather the scraps of dough and roll it to about 1/2 inch thick layer of dough. You should be able to get a dozen biscuits from this recipe.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the biscuits on the baking sheet close to touching but not touching each other.
- Bake at 450°F for about 12 minutes. Brush the top of each biscuit with a melted butter. and cook another 3 - 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?