Taco Nacho Cheese Hot Dog Recipe
The Taco Nacho Cheese Hot Dog combines all the things you love about nachos and tops a beef hot dog with melty cheese sauce, guacamole, and tortilla chips.
This is sure to be a hit with the family.
Taco Nacho Cheese Hot Dog Recipe
Nacho Cheese Hot Dog
- 4 100% all beef hot dogs - see notes about hot dogs below
- 1 cup Spicy Guacamole - see notes for recipe links
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo - see notes for recipe links
- 1/3 cup Pickled jalapeños slices
- 12 oz Dark Mexican Beer - Like Dos Equis
- 4 Bolillo-style hot dog buns
- Tapatío - optional
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 T salted butter
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 t Tapatío - optional
- Pre-heat a grill to 400° to 435° F.
- In a saucepan large enough to lay hot dogs flat, bring the beer to a gentle boil. Turn off heat. Once beer has stopped boiling add the hot dogs and cover. Let sit simmering for 3-4 minutes.
- Place hot dogs on the 400° - 425° grill. Grill, turning frequently for even cooking, until well charred on the outside.
- When the hot dogs are just about done lower heat and quickly grill each bun and set aside.
To Make the Cheese Sauce
- Pour the milk in a large saucepan, place it over medium heat, and let it warm until you see small bubbles forming along the edge of the pan.
- In another saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour into the melted butter, stirring constantly until a thick paste forms, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour warm milk into the flour and butter mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Continue cooking and whisking almost constantly until the mixture thickens considerably, about 5 minutes. Then add the cheese, whisking constantly until it has melted.
- Add the Tapatío and stir to combine.
- Keep warm
- Add tortilla chip to one side of the bun, add hot dog. Then top with guacamole pico de gallo, cheese sauce and grated cheddar cheese.
- Serve with Mexican hot sauce like Tapatío, if desired.
- Enjoy with an ice cold beer or margarita.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker