Sun-dried Tomato, Eggplant, and Cheese Frittata Recipe
Add this amazing Sun-Dried Tomato, Eggplant Cheese Frittata to your holiday brunch menu. It’s super easy to make and you can use any assortment of leftover vegetables.
Frittatas are easy to make, inexpensive, and can be served hot or cold. Leftover frittatas travel well so you can use them as a filling for your morning breakfast sandwich or pack them in your lunch box for a simple nutritious lunch. They can also be reheated in a microwave or in a non-stick skillet.
Sundried Tomato, Eggplant, and Cheese Frittata
- 10 large eggs
- 5 T heavy cream - half-and-half or whole milk
- 3/4 t fine sea salt
- 1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 C 4 ounces shredded cheese, like Mozzarella, Asiago or my preference an Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 C eggplant* - very thinly sliced - see note for preparation
- 1/2 medium sweet onion - like Vidalia or Maui
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper - small dice
- 1 1/2 C packed baby spinach
- 1 large tomato sliced thinly and oven dried** - or substitute store-bought sun dried tomatoes
- 2 T Chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with cream, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, pepper, and the cheese. Keep cold.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring every once and a while until the onions and bell peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Add prepared eggplant and spinach, season with salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes
- Drain any excess moisture from the vegetables.
- Arrange cooked vegetables evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low. Whisk egg mixture, then pour into the skillet.
- Cook about a minute or 2 until the edges of the frittata begins to set.
- Add oven-dried tomatoes to the top of the frittata.
- Remove from heat and transfer to preheated oven. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until the eggs are set. Keep an eye on the frittata as it bakes and check for doneness at the 20-minute mark. I like my top to be slightly browned and the eggs cooked through. Many recipes call for barely set eggs that wiggle like jello, in most ovens 20 minutes will give you this result.
- Serve the frittata hot or cold with fresh basil on top.
- Use call for sour cream, crème fraîche, or ricotta cheese in the place of cream, half-and-half or whole milk.
- Change up the cheese and veggie combinations
- To use leftover veggies re-warm them in the skillet before adding the egg mixture. Use 3 cups of previously cooked vegetables. Drain any excess liquid.
- For an extra cheesy frittata try using soft creamy cheese(s) like ricotta, cream cheese or goat cheese.
- Use your favorite assortment of veggies or whatever is in your fridge.
- For 10 eggs use about 4 cups of tender-crisp cooked veggies. Drain any excess liquid.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?