Sun-dried Tomato, Eggplant, and Cheese Frittata Recipe
Add this amazing Sun-Dried Tomato, Eggplant Cheese Frittata to your holiday brunch menu. It’s super easy to make and you can use any assortment of leftover vegetables.
Frittatas are easy to make, inexpensive, and can be served hot or cold. Leftover frittatas travel well so you can use them as a filling for your morning breakfast sandwich or pack them in your lunch box for a simple nutritious lunch. They can also be reheated in a microwave or in a non-stick skillet.
Sundried Tomato, Eggplant, and Cheese Frittata
- 10 large eggs
- 5 T heavy cream - half-and-half or whole milk
- 3/4 t fine sea salt
- 1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 C 4 ounces shredded cheese, like Mozzarella, Asiago or my preference an Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 C eggplant* - very thinly sliced - see note for preparation
- 1/2 medium sweet onion - like Vidalia or Maui
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper - small dice
- 1 1/2 C packed baby spinach
- 1 large tomato sliced thinly and oven dried** - or substitute store-bought sun dried tomatoes
- 2 T Chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with cream, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, pepper, and the cheese. Keep cold.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring every once and a while until the onions and bell peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Add prepared eggplant and spinach, season with salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes
- Drain any excess moisture from the vegetables.
- Arrange cooked vegetables evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low. Whisk egg mixture, then pour into the skillet.
- Cook about a minute or 2 until the edges of the frittata begins to set.
- Add oven-dried tomatoes to the top of the frittata.
- Remove from heat and transfer to preheated oven. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until the eggs are set. Keep an eye on the frittata as it bakes and check for doneness at the 20-minute mark. I like my top to be slightly browned and the eggs cooked through. Many recipes call for barely set eggs that wiggle like jello, in most ovens 20 minutes will give you this result.
- Serve the frittata hot or cold with fresh basil on top.
- Use call for sour cream, crème fraîche, or ricotta cheese in the place of cream, half-and-half or whole milk.
- Change up the cheese and veggie combinations
- To use leftover veggies re-warm them in the skillet before adding the egg mixture. Use 3 cups of previously cooked vegetables. Drain any excess liquid.
- For an extra cheesy frittata try using soft creamy cheese(s) like ricotta, cream cheese or goat cheese.
- Use your favorite assortment of veggies or whatever is in your fridge.
- For 10 eggs use about 4 cups of tender-crisp cooked veggies. Drain any excess liquid.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?