For a lighter burger option try the Stuffed Turkey Burger with Pesto and Bacon recipe. the feta cheese adds a nice salty flavor. This Stuffed Turkey burger will be a welcome addition to your backyard barbecue. Turkey bacon would also be an option to reduce calories, but really nothing beats “real” bacon.
Stuffed Turkey Burger with Pesto and Bacon
I'm also using a jarred pesto to make this an easy stress free recipe but you can certainly make your own homemade pesto - it's pretty easy.
- 1 lb. lean ground white-meat turkey
- ¼ cup bottled basil pesto sauce - choose your favorite
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- Hot sauce - a dash or more, to taste
- 8 slices cooked bacon*
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- Shredded spinach leaves
- Tomato slices
- Make 8 thin turkey burger patties.
- Combine next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until just blended.
- Spread cheese and pesto mixture on 4 of the turkey burger patties
- Top each with a remaining turkey burger patty and press edges together to seal in stuffing
- Wrap pre-cooked bacon slices in a single layer tin foil
- Grill turkey burgers and foil-wrapped bacon on a covered grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place turkey burgers on Italian roll and top evenly with spinach, tomato, and bacon slices, and cover with roll tops.
- I like to cook my bacon on a wire rack placed on a foil lined sheet pan and bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes, time varies based on the thickness of the bacon, so keep an eye on it. The bacon cooks evenly and crispy + some of the fat drains off.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?