Add a little spice to your life with the Spicy Italian Burger – with onions and peppers and provolone. Add Hot Dry Capocollo and a Fra Diavolo sauce and you have a burger that will have everyone saying mama mia! Manga!
Spicy Italian Burger - with onions and peppers and provolone
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 8 oz sharp provolone cheese - thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper - large
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper - large
- 1 sweet onion - large
- 1/2 cup Fra Diavolo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings: romaine lettuce - tomato slices, onion
- 1/2 lb Hot Dry Capocollo - sliced thinly
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 3 loaves Seeded Italian Bread
- Make Fra Diavolo sauce and keep warm. (see notes for the link to easy an recipe)
For the burgers
- Shape ground beef into 8 patties. Keep cool.
- Grill burgers on a covered grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center or desired level of doneness.
- While burgers are still on the grill top burgers with Hot Dry Capocollo then a slice of sharp provolone. Cook until cheese begins to melt.
- Wash, core and remove seeds from red and green peppers. Slice thinly.
- Remove onion skin and ends. Cut onion in half and slice thinly.
- Toss pepper and onions in olive and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap peppers and onions in a double layer of heavy-duty tin foil.
- Place foil packet on grill and cook on medium-high for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill grates and move to top rack of the grill (if you don't have one keep warm in an oven).
For the peppers and onions
- To Serve
- Cut each Italian Loaf into 3 pieces and slice to make rolls.
- Toast rolls on the grill
- Top bottom of roll with Fra Diavolo sauce. Place Burger on top of sauce. Top with peppers and onions, add a thick slice of tomato and enjoy!
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?