Add a little spice to your life with the Spicy Italian Burger – with onions and peppers and provolone. Add Hot Dry Capocollo and a Fra Diavolo sauce and you have a burger that will have everyone saying mama mia! Manga!
Spicy Italian Burger - with onions and peppers and provolone
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 8 oz sharp provolone cheese - thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper - large
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper - large
- 1 sweet onion - large
- 1/2 cup Fra Diavolo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings: romaine lettuce - tomato slices, onion
- 1/2 lb Hot Dry Capocollo - sliced thinly
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 3 loaves Seeded Italian Bread
- Make Fra Diavolo sauce and keep warm. (see notes for the link to easy an recipe)
For the burgers
- Shape ground beef into 8 patties. Keep cool.
- Grill burgers on a covered grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center or desired level of doneness.
- While burgers are still on the grill top burgers with Hot Dry Capocollo then a slice of sharp provolone. Cook until cheese begins to melt.
- Wash, core and remove seeds from red and green peppers. Slice thinly.
- Remove onion skin and ends. Cut onion in half and slice thinly.
- Toss pepper and onions in olive and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap peppers and onions in a double layer of heavy-duty tin foil.
- Place foil packet on grill and cook on medium-high for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill grates and move to top rack of the grill (if you don't have one keep warm in an oven).
For the peppers and onions
- To Serve
- Cut each Italian Loaf into 3 pieces and slice to make rolls.
- Toast rolls on the grill
- Top bottom of roll with Fra Diavolo sauce. Place Burger on top of sauce. Top with peppers and onions, add a thick slice of tomato and enjoy!
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?