Spicy Cajun Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
Spicy Cajun Bloody Mary is a spicy adaptation on the classic. Topped with shrimp, cornichons, and blue cheese stuffed Tabasco marinated olives.
This is the perfect brunch beverage or brunch replacement.
Spicy Ragin' Cajun Bloody Mary
For Bloody Mary
- 4 cups chilled tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chilled pepper-infused vodka
- 1/2 cup chilled citron vodka
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish - drained
- 2 T lemon
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 t Tabasco - to taste
- 1 t Creole Seasoning - see notes to make your own
- 1/2 t celery salt
For Blue Cheese Stuffed Tabasco Olives
- 3 T Tabasco
- 18 Blue cheese stuffed olives
For Crispy Bacon Skewers
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 water soaked wood skewers
- 12 medium wild caught shrimp
- 1 t Creole Seasoning
- 6 water soaked wood skewers
- 12 cornichon
- 18 Blue cheese stuffed Tabasco Soaked cocktail olives
- 6 cajun cooked jumbo shrimp with 2 shrimp each
- 6 cooked crispy bacon skewers
- 6 celery stalks - with leaves attached
- 6 lemon wedges
- 12 skewers for garnish
For Cajun Bloody Marys
- Stir all ingredients in a large pitcher until well blended.
- Pour into 6 ice-filled beverage glasses.
For blue cheese stuffed Tabasco olives
- Drain brine from a jar of blue cheese stuffed olives, reserve for other use.
- Add Tabasco to olives.
- Replace lid and shake to cover olives with Tabasco.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour shaking occasionally to distribute Tabasco.
For Bacon Skewers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Thread bacon on skewers.
- Place a wire rack on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place bacon skewers on the rack.
- Cook for 4 minutes and flip.
- Cook an additional 4 minutes or until desired level of crispness.
For Shrimp Skewers
- Toss shrimp with Cajun/Creole seasoning.
- Thread 2 shrimp on water soaked skewers.
- Place shrimp on wire rack next to bacon and cook until shrimp is pink and opaque.
For the Garnish
- Make 6 skewers with olives
- Make 6 skewers with an olive + 2 cornichon
- Garnish each glass with 1 each - Olive skewer, shrimp skewer, bacon skewer, and cornichon skewer and a celery stalk and lemon wedge.
Make Your Own Creole/Cajun Spice Mix
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker