Spicy Blackberry Bourbon Grilled Chicken Skewers Recipe
Spicy Blackberry Bourbon Grilled Chicken Skewers is an easy appetizer or main dish for your next backyard barbecue. The tartness of blackberries combined with the smoky bourbon and a touch of honey makes these chicken skewers irresistible.
Blackberry Bourbon BBQ Chicken Skewers
- 16 metal or water soaked wood skewers
- 4 chicken breasts cut into 2 in strips
- 1 lime - juiced
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- 2 t Dried Rosemary
- 2 t vegetable oil
Blueberry BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 T minced fresh jalapeño chile - seeded
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 3 T honey
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 1 t Tabasco
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- Salt and freshly ground pepper - to taste
Chicken Skewer Directions
- Marinate chicken with lime juice, salt, pepper, and rosemary for about 15 minutes to an hour
- Thread chicken strips on skewers like a satay.
- Grill until almost cooked through.
- Brush with BBQ sauce (recipe below)
- Grill until caramelized and cook completely
Blueberry BBQ sauce directions
- Heat the oil in a nonreactive saucepan. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard, and Tabasco. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the blackberries and simmer over low heat, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Puree the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pass through a strainer and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve additional BBQ sauce with the chicken skewers
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker