Spicy Blackberry Bourbon Grilled Chicken Skewers Recipe
Spicy Blackberry Bourbon Grilled Chicken Skewers is an easy appetizer or main dish for your next backyard barbecue. The tartness of blackberries combined with the smoky bourbon and a touch of honey makes these chicken skewers irresistible.
Blackberry Bourbon BBQ Chicken Skewers
- 16 metal or water soaked wood skewers
- 4 chicken breasts cut into 2 in strips
- 1 lime - juiced
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- 2 t Dried Rosemary
- 2 t vegetable oil
Blueberry BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 T minced fresh jalapeño chile - seeded
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 3 T honey
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 1 t Tabasco
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- Salt and freshly ground pepper - to taste
Chicken Skewer Directions
- Marinate chicken with lime juice, salt, pepper, and rosemary for about 15 minutes to an hour
- Thread chicken strips on skewers like a satay.
- Grill until almost cooked through.
- Brush with BBQ sauce (recipe below)
- Grill until caramelized and cook completely
Blueberry BBQ sauce directions
- Heat the oil in a nonreactive saucepan. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard, and Tabasco. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the blackberries and simmer over low heat, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Puree the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pass through a strainer and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve additional BBQ sauce with the chicken skewers
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker