Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Wonton Cups
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Wontons are the perfect little bite for an appetizer party or served as a first course or side dish served alongside a greek salad or other Mediterranean dishes.
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Phyllo cups
- 10 oz spinach - fresh
- 4 scallions - white and green tops chopped
- 1 T parsley - fresh and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/3 C virgin olive oil
- 2 T Salted butter
- 10.5 oz quality feta cheese - crumbled
- 1 t dried dill weed
- 48 phyllo dough cut into 4" x 4" squares
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 mini muffin tins
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large sauté pan, add half of the spinach and sauté until spinach wilts, tossing with tongs, about 2 minutes.
- Remove spinach and squeeze out excess liquid between paper towels, then chop roughly.
- Repeat with remaining spinach, using 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove any cooking liquid from the pan, and add remaining olive oil.
- Add scallions and sauté until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the scallions, along with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes
- Mix in feta cheese
- Melt butter and set aside
- Liberally spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Place 1 square of phyllo dough into the muffin tin. Then add a second phyllo sheet offset and rotated 45 degrees
- Lightly brush phyllo sheets with melted butter.
- Bake Phyllo (filo) cups for 5 minutes.
- Place spinach and feta mixture in the center
- Bake another 2 - 3 minutes until spinach and cheese is bubbly
- Serve immediately
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Phyllo Cups
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese phyllo cups are the perfect little bite for an appetizer party or served as a first course or side dish served alongside a greek salad or other Mediterranean dishes.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?