Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Wonton Cups
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Wontons are the perfect little bite for an appetizer party or served as a first course or side dish served alongside a greek salad or other Mediterranean dishes.
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Phyllo cups
- 10 oz spinach - fresh
- 4 scallions - white and green tops chopped
- 1 T parsley - fresh and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/3 C virgin olive oil
- 2 T Salted butter
- 10.5 oz quality feta cheese - crumbled
- 1 t dried dill weed
- 48 phyllo dough cut into 4" x 4" squares
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 mini muffin tins
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large sauté pan, add half of the spinach and sauté until spinach wilts, tossing with tongs, about 2 minutes.
- Remove spinach and squeeze out excess liquid between paper towels, then chop roughly.
- Repeat with remaining spinach, using 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove any cooking liquid from the pan, and add remaining olive oil.
- Add scallions and sauté until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the scallions, along with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes
- Mix in feta cheese
- Melt butter and set aside
- Liberally spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Place 1 square of phyllo dough into the muffin tin. Then add a second phyllo sheet offset and rotated 45 degrees
- Lightly brush phyllo sheets with melted butter.
- Bake Phyllo (filo) cups for 5 minutes.
- Place spinach and feta mixture in the center
- Bake another 2 - 3 minutes until spinach and cheese is bubbly
- Serve immediately
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese Phyllo Cups
Spanakopita – Spinach and Feta Cheese phyllo cups are the perfect little bite for an appetizer party or served as a first course or side dish served alongside a greek salad or other Mediterranean dishes.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.