Smoked Turkey on the Grill Recipe
Smoked turkey is easy to cook on the grill and using the grill frees up oven space for all sorts of yummy side dishes. Brining creates a perfectly moist turkey.
Smoked Turkey Breast on the Grill
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/4 c kosher salt - use only half this amount if you are on a salt-reduced diet
- 1 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 heads of garlic broken into cloves and peeled
- 2 lemons sliced into rounds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1 bunch fresh thyme - chopped
- 1 bunch fresh sage - chopped
- 1 bunch fresh oregano - chopped
- 1 turkey breast - washed with cold water and patted dry
- Wood chips for smoking - mesquite or any fruitwood
- Mix all ingredients, except turkey and wood chips, in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add turkey.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours) in the refrigerator or a large cooler with ice, turning turkey a couple of times to ensure all areas have been submerged. Remove bird from brine and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
- Prepare smoker on the lowest temperature possible.
- If you are using a gas barbecue: Turn it on low and place wet wood chips in the bottom. When the smoke starts, turn the barbecue to very low. Place turkey on grill and cover for 30 minutes. You may have to turn the barbecue up several times during the process to create more smoke.
- If you are using a kettle-style barbecue that isn’t equipped with gas: Don’t get it very hot; only use 2 cups of charcoal. Once the charcoal heats and has had a chance to burn down a little, put wet wood chips in aluminum foil (or foil pie tin) on top of coals. You may need to remove some of the charcoal with a shovel if the barbecue gets hot. What you are trying to do is create smoke, without making the barbecue hot. Cover and smoke for 30 minutes.
- After using either of the above smoking methods, continue to cook Turkey breast over the hot coals or gas flame (about 350 degrees) 2-3 hours or until cooked to 165 degrees. Allow turkey to rest 15 minutes before carving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?