Smoked Turkey on the Grill Recipe
Smoked turkey is easy to cook on the grill and using the grill frees up oven space for all sorts of yummy side dishes. Brining creates a perfectly moist turkey.
Smoked Turkey Breast on the Grill
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/4 c kosher salt - use only half this amount if you are on a salt-reduced diet
- 1 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 heads of garlic broken into cloves and peeled
- 2 lemons sliced into rounds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1 bunch fresh thyme - chopped
- 1 bunch fresh sage - chopped
- 1 bunch fresh oregano - chopped
- 1 turkey breast - washed with cold water and patted dry
- Wood chips for smoking - mesquite or any fruitwood
- Mix all ingredients, except turkey and wood chips, in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add turkey.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours) in the refrigerator or a large cooler with ice, turning turkey a couple of times to ensure all areas have been submerged. Remove bird from brine and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
- Prepare smoker on the lowest temperature possible.
- If you are using a gas barbecue: Turn it on low and place wet wood chips in the bottom. When the smoke starts, turn the barbecue to very low. Place turkey on grill and cover for 30 minutes. You may have to turn the barbecue up several times during the process to create more smoke.
- If you are using a kettle-style barbecue that isn’t equipped with gas: Don’t get it very hot; only use 2 cups of charcoal. Once the charcoal heats and has had a chance to burn down a little, put wet wood chips in aluminum foil (or foil pie tin) on top of coals. You may need to remove some of the charcoal with a shovel if the barbecue gets hot. What you are trying to do is create smoke, without making the barbecue hot. Cover and smoke for 30 minutes.
- After using either of the above smoking methods, continue to cook Turkey breast over the hot coals or gas flame (about 350 degrees) 2-3 hours or until cooked to 165 degrees. Allow turkey to rest 15 minutes before carving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?