Wild Smoked Salmon Black Bean Chili Recipe
Wild smoked salmon black bean chili is a unique and tasty riff on traditional chili. When I lived in Alaska, late summer into fall was time to smoke salmon for the winter. In my mind fall is chili season, so it just made sense that to create a wild smoked salmon chili.
The smokiness of the smoked salmon perfectly compliments the traditional chili flavors.
Smoked Salmon Black Bean Chili
- 12 oz Wild Red Alaska skinless-boneless smoked salmon
- 15 oz can of black beans - drained
- 2 T diced sweet onion
- 1 T fresh garlic - chopped finely
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 15 oz diced Roma tomatoes
- 15.25 oz sweet yellow corn - canned
- 1 t cayenne pepper - use more or less based on the level of heat desired
- 2 T ancho chili powder
- 1 T chipotle
- Sea salt and organic black pepper - to taste
- 1/2 cup 2 oz. low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro - optional
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado - diced
- 1 small red onion - diced
- Sauté onions over medium heat until softened and translucent.
- Sauté garlic over medium-low heat until just beginning to change color: do not allow it to burn.
- Add beans, corn, and tomato to saucepan; stir in salmon, cayenne, ancho chili powder, chipotle, onions, and garlic.
- Simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes
- Break salmon into chunks and add to pot.
- Cook until salmon is heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide chili among four bowls.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, diced avocado, diced red onion and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?