Slow Cooker Yuengling Beer Braised Beef and Potatoes Recipe
Slow Cooker Yuengling Beer Braised Beef and Potatoes is the perfect, easy set-it and forget-it crockpot meal.
The slow cooking makes the meat fork-tender and the potatoes soak up all the yummy juices. This is my all-time favorite comfort food.
My mom was a terrible cook, but this was the one meal she made that everyone loved. It’s so easy and so good. Plus, since you toss everything into the slow cooker it’s the perfect cozy meal for a weeknight – the perfect warm-up comfort food for fall and winter.
And since the basic ingredients, beef cubes and potatoes are so inexpensive, with a well-stocked pantry, you can serve for about $10. Super yummy and cheap – what’s now to love?
Slow Cooker Yuengling Beer Braised Beef and Potatoes
- 2 lbs beef cubes* - cut into 2” pieces
- 1/2 large sweet onion - cut into chunks
- 2 large russet potatoes - peeled and cut into 3” cubes
- 6 garlic cloves - minced
- fresh ground salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/4 C Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T dried rosemary leaves
- 2 t crushed red pepper
- 2 t garlic powder
- 12 oz Yuengling Lager
- Season beef cubes with salt and pepper, 1 t of crushed red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 T rosemary leaves, 1 t garlic powder, balsamic vinegar,
- In a bowl toss beef in flour to coat
- Heat a pan over med-high heat, add oil and heat oil until very hot
- Add beef cubes to the pan and quickly sear
- Add onions in a single layer at the bottom of the crockpot
- Add potatoes on top of onions
- Sprinkle with minced garlic
- Season with salt and pepper, 1 t crushed red pepper, 1/2 T rosemary leaves, 1 t garlic powder
- Top vegetables with seared beef cubes
- Pour beer into the slow cooker
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 5-6 on high.
- Potatoes should be tender and meat should be fall-apart tender.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and a nice glass of Pinot Noir.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?