Slow Cooker Chicken Fra Diavolo Recipe
This Slow Cooker Chicken Fra Diavolo recipe is a super tasty, spicy marinara sauce with fall-apart tender chicken, cooked all day in a slow cooker, make this an easy meal to get dinner on the table quickly weeknights or any night. Serve with a side of pasta and a simple green salad. This is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fra Diavolo
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 T crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 6 oz tomato paste - 1 can
- 1/4 C red wine
- 28 oz pureed San Marzano tomatoes - 1 28-oz can
- 6 chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 C chopped fresh basil
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the wine, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, and oregano and cook until the garlic is a cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and transfer to slow cooker.
- Pat chicken breasts to remove excess moisture, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and cook on high for 6-7 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low.
- Sprinkle with torn fresh basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- * If you like your sauce thicker, remove chicken and keep warm. Then transfer sauce to a saucepan and cook for 7-10 minutes until sauce reduces and is thickened. Top chicken with sauce and serve immediately.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker