Slow Cooker Beef Deshebrada Recipe
Can you say taco Tuesday? Set your slow cooker on low when you leave for work in the morning and you’ll be eating yummy beef tacos for dinner.
The beer and the chilies add a ton of flavor. Give this a try, your taste buds will thank you.
Slow Cooker Beef Deshebrada
For Beef Deshebrada
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast - cut into 2 in cubes or similar cut of meat, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups dark Mexican beer
- 2 oz dried ancho chilis - remove stems and seeds, tear into 2 in pieces
- 2 t tomato paste
- 8 cloves garlic - sliced thinnly
- 2 t cumin
- 2 t dried oregano
- 2 t kosher salt
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 large onion
Carrot and cabbage slaw
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1/2 head cabbage - shredded
- 1 red onion - medium, thinnly sliced
- 1 carrot - medium, cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 1 cup cilantro - chopped
- white corn tortillas
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- 12 lime wedges
For Beef Deshebrada
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, whisk together beer, apple cider vinegar, torn anchos, tomato paste, and spices.
- Place onion rounds in a single layer on top of the sauce.
- Add beef cubes over onions, pushing the beef down so it's covered by the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. You want this to be fall-apart tender. Don't stress if it cooks longer than 8 hours, it will be fine on low.
- When beef is tender, remove and place in a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove the onions and discard.
- Place remaining broth in a blender, and puree until you have a smooth sauce.
- Shred the beef, using 2 forks. Pour the pureed sauce over the meat and toss.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas (microwave wrapped in damp paper towel for 30 seconds). Add queso fresco. Serve slaw and wedges of lime on the side.
- In a large bowl combine cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- Add cabbage, carrot, onion, and jalapeno and toss well to mix.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator, for at least an hour. Or make it the night before.
- Drain excess liquid from slaw and toss with fresh cilantro.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?