Slow Cooker Artichoke and Spinach Dip Recipe
I love slow cookers for the “set it and forget-it” help they provide on party days. I’m always looking for ways to adjust my recipes for the slow cooker and my Slow Cooker Artichoke and Spinach Dip is delicious and amazingly simple. + The slow cooker keeps the dip hot throughout the party and no extra serving dish. This is definitely a winner for my parties – it’s the second most requested party dish, just behind my hot crab dip.
Great for leftovers
- Top a baked potato
- Top a turkey and bacon panini
- Top grilled chicken or steak
Easy Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 32 oz spinach - fresh
- 24 oz artichokes - bottled and marinated
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 sweet onion - medium finely minced
- 6 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 16 oz grated Italian cheese blend*
- 5 oz blue cheese
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t Tabasco - or more to taste
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese - 1 block (use full fat - do not use low fat, it changes the creamy consistency of the dip
- 4 oz butter - 1 stick
- Chop marinated artichokes.
- Working in batches, using a microwave-safe plate, pile washed spinach on double layer of paper towels, repeat 2 times more. Microwave for 3 - 4 minutes. Remove each layer from the plate onto a double layer of paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Repeat this process until all spinach is cooked and excess moisture removed.
- Roughly chop spinach.
- Cut cream cheese into 2 " cubes.
- Cut butter into 1 T pieces (follow the lines on the package)
- Place artichokes, spinach, sour cream, onion, garlic, 10 oz Italian cheese blend, blue cheese, lemon juice, Tabasco into your slow cooker and stir just to combine.
- Season with cayenne and ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add pats of butter and cream cheese cubes.
- Heat on high for 15 minutes.
- Stir to combine. The butter and cream cheese should be incorporated.
- Top with remaining cheese
- Turn heat to low and cook for an hour, or so, turn to keep warm and serve. You can hold it on warm for quite a while if you need more time. Just stir well before serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?