Slow Cooker Artichoke and Spinach Dip Recipe
I love slow cookers for the “set it and forget-it” help they provide on party days. I’m always looking for ways to adjust my recipes for the slow cooker and my Slow Cooker Artichoke and Spinach Dip is delicious and amazingly simple. + The slow cooker keeps the dip hot throughout the party and no extra serving dish. This is definitely a winner for my parties – it’s the second most requested party dish, just behind my hot crab dip.
Great for leftovers
- Top a baked potato
- Top a turkey and bacon panini
- Top grilled chicken or steak
Easy Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 32 oz spinach - fresh
- 24 oz artichokes - bottled and marinated
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 sweet onion - medium finely minced
- 6 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 16 oz grated Italian cheese blend*
- 5 oz blue cheese
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t Tabasco - or more to taste
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese - 1 block (use full fat - do not use low fat, it changes the creamy consistency of the dip
- 4 oz butter - 1 stick
- Chop marinated artichokes.
- Working in batches, using a microwave-safe plate, pile washed spinach on double layer of paper towels, repeat 2 times more. Microwave for 3 - 4 minutes. Remove each layer from the plate onto a double layer of paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Repeat this process until all spinach is cooked and excess moisture removed.
- Roughly chop spinach.
- Cut cream cheese into 2 " cubes.
- Cut butter into 1 T pieces (follow the lines on the package)
- Place artichokes, spinach, sour cream, onion, garlic, 10 oz Italian cheese blend, blue cheese, lemon juice, Tabasco into your slow cooker and stir just to combine.
- Season with cayenne and ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add pats of butter and cream cheese cubes.
- Heat on high for 15 minutes.
- Stir to combine. The butter and cream cheese should be incorporated.
- Top with remaining cheese
- Turn heat to low and cook for an hour, or so, turn to keep warm and serve. You can hold it on warm for quite a while if you need more time. Just stir well before serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?