Slow Cooker Artichoke and Spinach Dip Recipe
I love slow cookers for the “set it and forget-it” help they provide on party days. I’m always looking for ways to adjust my recipes for the slow cooker and my Slow Cooker Artichoke and Spinach Dip is delicious and amazingly simple. + The slow cooker keeps the dip hot throughout the party and no extra serving dish. This is definitely a winner for my parties – it’s the second most requested party dish, just behind my hot crab dip.
Great for leftovers
- Top a baked potato
- Top a turkey and bacon panini
- Top grilled chicken or steak
Easy Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 32 oz spinach - fresh
- 24 oz artichokes - bottled and marinated
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 sweet onion - medium finely minced
- 6 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 16 oz grated Italian cheese blend*
- 5 oz blue cheese
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t Tabasco - or more to taste
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese - 1 block (use full fat - do not use low fat, it changes the creamy consistency of the dip
- 4 oz butter - 1 stick
- Chop marinated artichokes.
- Working in batches, using a microwave-safe plate, pile washed spinach on double layer of paper towels, repeat 2 times more. Microwave for 3 - 4 minutes. Remove each layer from the plate onto a double layer of paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Repeat this process until all spinach is cooked and excess moisture removed.
- Roughly chop spinach.
- Cut cream cheese into 2 " cubes.
- Cut butter into 1 T pieces (follow the lines on the package)
- Place artichokes, spinach, sour cream, onion, garlic, 10 oz Italian cheese blend, blue cheese, lemon juice, Tabasco into your slow cooker and stir just to combine.
- Season with cayenne and ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add pats of butter and cream cheese cubes.
- Heat on high for 15 minutes.
- Stir to combine. The butter and cream cheese should be incorporated.
- Top with remaining cheese
- Turn heat to low and cook for an hour, or so, turn to keep warm and serve. You can hold it on warm for quite a while if you need more time. Just stir well before serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?