Simple Strawberry Summer Salad
Strawberries and salad greens come together in this beautiful simple strawberry summer salad. The salad looks special and fancy but is really easy to make, your guests will be impressed.
Summer Strawberry Salad
For the Salad
- 3 -4 cups of Spring Mix or your choice of baby lettuces
- 12 Strawberries cored and cut into slices
- 2 Cucumber thinly sliced lengthwise until seeds begin to show - do not use the core - I use a mandolin to make this super easy
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tomato thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
To assemble the salad:
- You'll be plating this as you go so grab 4 salad plates and let's get started putting this together.
- Arrange 4 thinly sliced tomatoes on the plate.
- On top of tomato slices create round rings with the cucumber slices Making sure they overlap about an inch so you can tick and end inside to keep them together - you'll probably use 2 or 3 slices per ring depending on the size of salad you want to serve. Tip: if you are having trouble keeping the cucumber rounds together, don't stress - just use a toothpick. Make sure you warn your guests
- Mound baby lettuces inside cucumber ring
- Arrange sliced strawberries
- Add Almond Slices
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Tip: While this is an impressive presentation sure to make your guests say "Wow!" to takes just as good if you throw everything in a bowl and serve like any other salad. Remember - this is about casual, low stress entertaining. So make it easy on yourself.
For the Dressing:
- If you have a food processor or blender you can combine all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Alternatively, whisk together all ingredients except the oil in a medium sized bowl or small dressing bottle add oil slowly until well combined. For the bottle method you just shake to combine.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker