Simple Strawberry Summer Salad
Strawberries and salad greens come together in this beautiful simple strawberry summer salad. The salad looks special and fancy but is really easy to make, your guests will be impressed.
Summer Strawberry Salad
For the Salad
- 3 -4 cups of Spring Mix or your choice of baby lettuces
- 12 Strawberries cored and cut into slices
- 2 Cucumber thinly sliced lengthwise until seeds begin to show - do not use the core - I use a mandolin to make this super easy
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tomato thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
To assemble the salad:
- You'll be plating this as you go so grab 4 salad plates and let's get started putting this together.
- Arrange 4 thinly sliced tomatoes on the plate.
- On top of tomato slices create round rings with the cucumber slices Making sure they overlap about an inch so you can tick and end inside to keep them together - you'll probably use 2 or 3 slices per ring depending on the size of salad you want to serve. Tip: if you are having trouble keeping the cucumber rounds together, don't stress - just use a toothpick. Make sure you warn your guests
- Mound baby lettuces inside cucumber ring
- Arrange sliced strawberries
- Add Almond Slices
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Tip: While this is an impressive presentation sure to make your guests say "Wow!" to takes just as good if you throw everything in a bowl and serve like any other salad. Remember - this is about casual, low stress entertaining. So make it easy on yourself.
For the Dressing:
- If you have a food processor or blender you can combine all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Alternatively, whisk together all ingredients except the oil in a medium sized bowl or small dressing bottle add oil slowly until well combined. For the bottle method you just shake to combine.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker