Sheet Pan-Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
Sheet Pan-Roasted Root Vegetables pair perfectly with grilled or slow-cooked meats, BBQ chicken, and roast pork.
Sheet Pan Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 butternut squash - halved, seeded and peeled
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes - scrubbed and peeled if desired
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch medium beets - scrubbed and tops trimmed
- 1 large red onion - peeled
- 12 carrots - peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 head garlic - cloves separated and peeled (about 16)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil - plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. If you have a convection oven with the roast setting, use that setting.
- Place 2 baking sheets in the oven to preheat.
- While baking pans preheat cut all the vegetables (except carrots) into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Cut the onions through the base to keep layers in chunky pieces.
- Carrots should be cut lengthwise.
- Toss all the vegetables with garlic, olive oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Liberally grind fresh pepper over vegetables.
- Carefully remove the heated baking sheets from the oven, line with parchment paper or non-stick foil
- Divide the vegetables between the 2 pans, leaving space between vegetables to avoid steaming while roasting.
- Roast the vegetables until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Check vegetables for doneness - some vegetables are cooking faster than others (remove them and keep them warm while the remaining vegetable reached the desired doneness.
- Reduce heat to 425 and cook for an additional 15 to 30 minutes, checking vegetables every 15 minutes. Cook until vegetables are tender.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker