Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna Recipe
Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna is marinated in soy sauce and dark sesame oil then just barely seared and served with wasabi dream. Easy and delicious.
Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna
- 2 T lite soy sauce
- 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T Dark Asian toasted sesame oil - found in the Asian aisle
- 2 t garlic powder
- 2 t granulated sugar
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 t freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 T dark and light sesame seeds
- 1 T freshly chopped green scallions
- Wasabi and soy sauce for serving
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs fresh ahi tuna steaks - about 1 1/2-1 2/3 inches thick
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Optional: pickled ginger
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients to make a marinade.
- Towel dry tuna steaks and place on a large piece of plastic wrap in a glass dish.
- Pour marinade over the fish, turning to coat well throughout.
- Wrap fish in plastic and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove fish and coat in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, wok or griddle until oil is smoking.
- Sear 1 1/2 inch thick ahi steaks for 1 1/2 minutes per side on high heat, carefully flip with a fish spatula or flat spatula. If your tuna steaks are thinner reduce cooking time appropriately.
- Transfer seared ahi to a platter and let rest 5 minutes. Use a very sharp serrated knife to slice thinly across the grain.
- Serve immediately with wasabi and soy sauce.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?