Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cup Recipe
Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cups Recipe. Seared Ahi Tuna served in wonton cups makes a healthy and elegant little appetizer bite for your next party. Tuna seared in a sesame soy sauce served with pickled ginger.
This is a super easy appetizer to serve at any party since the wonton cups can be made the day before the party and the tuna can be served warm, room temperature or cold.
Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cup Recipe
- 2 T salted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 24 wonton wrappers
- mini muffin pan
- cooking spray
Seared Ahi Tuna
- 1 lbs Ahi Tuna
- 1 T lite soy sauce
- 1/2 T Toasted Dark sesame oil - found in the Asian aisle
- 1 T lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t ginger powder
- 1 T dark and light sesame seeds
- 1 scallion - whole, sliced
- 24 pickled ginger - slices
- 1 English cucumber - thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 T wasabi
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil or cooking spray - for cooking
- 1 C seaweed salad - purchase from your local sushi shop or supermarket
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Spray a mini muffin tin liberally with cooking spray or olive oil
- Place a wonton wrapper in each mini muffin tin
- Brush each wonton with egg-wash
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the purses are becoming golden
- Cover with foil and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- If making in advance remove from tin and cool completely, then store tightly covered in the refrigerator. To serve, bring to room temperature.
Seared Ahi Tuna
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients to make a marinade.
- Towel dry tuna steaks and place on a large piece of plastic wrap in a glass dish.
- Place tuna in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over the fish, turning to coat well throughout.
- Wrap fish in plastic and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove fish and coat in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, wok or griddle until oil is smoking.
- Sear 1 1/2 inch thick ahi steaks for 1 1/2 minutes per side on high heat, carefully flip with a fish spatula or flat spatula. If your tuna steaks are thinner reduce cooking time appropriately.
- Transfer seared ahi to a platter and let rest 5 minutes. Use a very sharp serrated knife to slice thinly across the grain to cut tuna into 1/2-inch bite size pieces
- If making in advance cover tightly and store up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
To Assemble Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cups
- Place a small scoop cold seaweed salad in a room temperature wonton cup
- Place seared tuna on top of seaweed salad
- Cut a slice of cucumber in half and roll. Add to wonton cup
- Garnish with pickled ginger and scallions and optionally wasabi
- Serve with a side of soy sauce
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker