Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cup Recipe
Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cups Recipe. Seared Ahi Tuna served in wonton cups makes a healthy and elegant little appetizer bite for your next party. Tuna seared in a sesame soy sauce served with pickled ginger.
This is a super easy appetizer to serve at any party since the wonton cups can be made the day before the party and the tuna can be served warm, room temperature or cold.
Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cup Recipe
- 2 T salted butter
- 1 egg - beaten with 1 T of water
- 24 wonton wrappers
- mini muffin pan
- cooking spray
Seared Ahi Tuna
- 1 lbs Ahi Tuna
- 1 T lite soy sauce
- 1/2 T Toasted Dark sesame oil - found in the Asian aisle
- 1 T lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t ginger powder
- 1 T dark and light sesame seeds
- 1 scallion - whole, sliced
- 24 pickled ginger - slices
- 1 English cucumber - thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 T wasabi
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil or cooking spray - for cooking
- 1 C seaweed salad - purchase from your local sushi shop or supermarket
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Whisk egg with 1 T of water until smooth
- Spray a mini muffin tin liberally with cooking spray or olive oil
- Place a wonton wrapper in each mini muffin tin
- Brush each wonton with egg-wash
- Lightly brush wonton wrappers with melted butter
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the purses are becoming golden
- Cover with foil and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- If making in advance remove from tin and cool completely, then store tightly covered in the refrigerator. To serve, bring to room temperature.
Seared Ahi Tuna
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients to make a marinade.
- Towel dry tuna steaks and place on a large piece of plastic wrap in a glass dish.
- Place tuna in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over the fish, turning to coat well throughout.
- Wrap fish in plastic and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove fish and coat in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, wok or griddle until oil is smoking.
- Sear 1 1/2 inch thick ahi steaks for 1 1/2 minutes per side on high heat, carefully flip with a fish spatula or flat spatula. If your tuna steaks are thinner reduce cooking time appropriately.
- Transfer seared ahi to a platter and let rest 5 minutes. Use a very sharp serrated knife to slice thinly across the grain to cut tuna into 1/2-inch bite size pieces
- If making in advance cover tightly and store up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
To Assemble Seared Ahi Tuna Wonton Cups
- Place a small scoop cold seaweed salad in a room temperature wonton cup
- Place seared tuna on top of seaweed salad
- Cut a slice of cucumber in half and roll. Add to wonton cup
- Garnish with pickled ginger and scallions and optionally wasabi
- Serve with a side of soy sauce
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker