Rosette Italian Vegetable Tart Recipe
A rosette Italian veggie tart is easy to make and absolutely delicious, plus it’s beautiful. Guests will rave about this veggie torte.
Filled with eggplant zucchini, squash, portabella mushroom, carrots + goat cheese, and homemade pesto this torte a real crowd pleaser.
It looks fancy, but the truth is this Veggie Tart is so easy to make, the hardest part is slicing the vegetable thinly.
Rosette Italian Vegetable Tart
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup pesto - bottled is fine but homemade is so easy and so good - see notes for recipe
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes - packed in oil, drained and cut into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 3 carrots - washed and peeled
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup basil leaves - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil - divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 T chopped rosemary
- 2 T chopped fresh oregano
- coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper - to taste
- 1 oz hard Italian cheese, like Parmesan or Asiago - shaving (optional)
- Remove ends of eggplant, zucchini, squash, and carrots.
- Debeard portabella mushroom
- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler slice the zucchini, squash, eggplant, and carrots into long, thin slices. You could also use a very sharp knife, just make sure your slices are a consistent thickness.
- Thinly slice portabella mushrooms using a very sharp knife.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 9" tart pan or pie dish.
- Roll-out very cold refrigerated dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 10 inches.
- Place the dough into the greased tin or pie pan and lightly press to mold. trim any excess crust.
- Place the tart pan with the dough into the refrigerator and chill for at least 15 minutes - do not remove until ready cook.
- When ready to cook the pie crust, line dough with parchment paper and weight the pie crust with pie weight or dried beans.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes until the edges are just barely golden. ***Oven temperatures vary and using convection bake will cook the crust more quickly, so keep an eye on the crust so it doesn't get overdone.
- Let crust rest in the tart pan or pie dish for about 15 minutes.
- Spread pesto on the bottom of the crust, top with sundried tomatoes, and sprinkle with Asiago cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Using a pastry brush, brush vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle each slice with a little cheese. Reserve a little bit of cheese to top the tart.
- To begin assembly, take one slice of veggie and roll into a tight circle and place in the middle of the tart crust.
- Continue by wrapping the vegetable slices around the middle, making sure to alternate veggies, until the tart pan is filled.
- Tuck goat cheese in randomly between slices.
- Brush top of the tart with a little olive oil.
- Top with fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste and the reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45 to 50 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked but tender-crisp.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs.
- Let tart cool, covered for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with shaved Italian cheese, if you like.
- 5 Easy Easter Menus For Any Lifestyle | Mermaids & Mojitos - […] Rosette Italian Vegetable Tart […]
Submit a Comment
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Chemical-free Secrets to a Bug Free Backyard
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
Easy Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Mardi Gras Recipes
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites | Ready in 20 Minutes
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese | Pan Fried Eggplant Cutlets
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Skinny Pork Al Pastor with Pineapple Salsa
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with Arugula Salad
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Coconut Chicken Pineapple Curry
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
Make Your Own Burger Bar Party
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
Red, White, and Blue 4th of July Barbecue
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
Beautiful & delicious