Rosette Italian Vegetable Tart Recipe
A rosette Italian veggie tart is easy to make and absolutely delicious, plus it’s beautiful. Guests will rave about this veggie torte.
Filled with eggplant zucchini, squash, portabella mushroom, carrots + goat cheese, and homemade pesto this torte a real crowd pleaser.
It looks fancy, but the truth is this Veggie Tart is so easy to make, the hardest part is slicing the vegetable thinly.
Rosette Italian Vegetable Tart
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup pesto - bottled is fine but homemade is so easy and so good - see notes for recipe
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes - packed in oil, drained and cut into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 3 carrots - washed and peeled
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup basil leaves - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil - divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 T chopped rosemary
- 2 T chopped fresh oregano
- coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper - to taste
- 1 oz hard Italian cheese, like Parmesan or Asiago - shaving (optional)
- Remove ends of eggplant, zucchini, squash, and carrots.
- Debeard portabella mushroom
- Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler slice the zucchini, squash, eggplant, and carrots into long, thin slices. You could also use a very sharp knife, just make sure your slices are a consistent thickness.
- Thinly slice portabella mushrooms using a very sharp knife.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 9" tart pan or pie dish.
- Roll-out very cold refrigerated dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 10 inches.
- Place the dough into the greased tin or pie pan and lightly press to mold. trim any excess crust.
- Place the tart pan with the dough into the refrigerator and chill for at least 15 minutes - do not remove until ready cook.
- When ready to cook the pie crust, line dough with parchment paper and weight the pie crust with pie weight or dried beans.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes until the edges are just barely golden. ***Oven temperatures vary and using convection bake will cook the crust more quickly, so keep an eye on the crust so it doesn't get overdone.
- Let crust rest in the tart pan or pie dish for about 15 minutes.
- Spread pesto on the bottom of the crust, top with sundried tomatoes, and sprinkle with Asiago cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Using a pastry brush, brush vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle each slice with a little cheese. Reserve a little bit of cheese to top the tart.
- To begin assembly, take one slice of veggie and roll into a tight circle and place in the middle of the tart crust.
- Continue by wrapping the vegetable slices around the middle, making sure to alternate veggies, until the tart pan is filled.
- Tuck goat cheese in randomly between slices.
- Brush top of the tart with a little olive oil.
- Top with fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste and the reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45 to 50 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked but tender-crisp.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs.
- Let tart cool, covered for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with shaved Italian cheese, if you like.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker