Red Hot Blue Cheese Burger with Homemade Onion Rings Recipe
I love this burger. Gooey Blue Cheese, Peppercorn Bacon, Buffalo BBQ Sauce, and an Onion Ring make this Red Hot Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Recipe a real winner. Let’s get cooking!
It has all my favorite toppings, blue cheese, Buffalo BBQ sauce, peppercorn bacon. Top it with an onion ring and this is one of the best burgers you’ll ever have. Serve with a side of Blue cheese potato chips and I’m in heaven.
Red Hot Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Recipe
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 4 oz blue or gorgonzola cheese - crumbled
- 4 T or to taste crushed peppercorn mix - preferably black, green and pink, though black peppercorns will do
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 16 Thick slices of Bacon
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Favorite bottled or Homemade Barbeque Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 8 homemade or Alexia Foods Crispy Golden Onion Rings - cooked
- Toppings: romaine lettuce - tomato slices, onion
- Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, and season with salt and pepper; shape into 8 patties. Keep cool.
- Press bacon in peppercorns to coat
- Place bacon on a wire rack on a foil-lined sheet pan
- Cook at 450 degrees until cooked and very crispy
- Mix RedHot and BBQ sauce together and set aside.
- Grill burgers on a covered grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center or desired level of doneness.
- While burgers are still on the grill top burgers with Red Hot BBQ sauce and blue cheese until blue cheese begins to melt
- Toast opened buns on grill for about a minute
- To serve top bun with burger, add peppercorn bacon and the onion ring, top with lettuce, tomato, and onion if desired.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker