Quick and Easy Mini Quiche Recipe
This quintessential springtime brunch dish get an update to make it super quick and easy to prepare. It fits perfectly at any brunch and fits perfectly into the easy Mother’s Day brunch party plan.
Get the party started in the kitchen (mom is not allowed to cook) and let everyone pick their filling.
Fun, easy and everyone is happy!
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Assorted filling items - such as bacon, ham, onion, leek, broccoli, asparagus, basil, zucchini, cheddar cheese, gruyere, swiss, pepper-jack cheese
- Note: veggies and meats should be precooked and cut into small pieces.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ready-to-bake refrigerated pie crusts.
- If you want to make your own - Check out this all-purpose pie dough recipe.
Muffin tin or individual tart pans
- For the pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Unroll refrigerated piecrust according to package directions, on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the pie dough into that fit either your muffin tin or tartlet pan circles (you want about a 1/2 inch of dough to overhang the pan, so you'll be able to crimp your edge.
- Do not prick dough.
- Now we want to add weight and cover the pie crust for the first couple of minutes of cooking.
- Grab 2 layers of heavy duty tin foil big enough to line your individual pie crusts.
- Line the unpricked pie crusts with the double thick heavy-duty foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Pre-cooking the crust will give you a crispy crust that will stand up to the egg mixture.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until pastry is set and just starting to get lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven.
- Keep warm - the pie crust should not be pre-baked ahead of time.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly beat the egg and stir in the cream.
- Place the filling ingredients in the bottom of the mini-quiches. Fill the quiches almost to the top with the filling, be sure not to overfill the small quiches.
- Once the quiches are together, cook in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?