Potatoes Au Gratin Tart Recipe
This potatoes au gratin tart is the perfect compliment to grilled and roasted meats and poultry. They look as good as they taste and make an elegant addition to any meal.
Potatoes Au Gratin (Dauphinois) Tart
- 1 T salted butter
- 2 1/2 lbs Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 c light cream
- 1 1/2 c fat free half and half
- 1 garlic clove - finely minced
- 1 T fresh rosemary leaves - finely chopped
- 1 t coarse salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 5 oz Gruyere cheese - finely grated
- 3 oz gorgonzola cheese - finely crumbled
- 1/8 t freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in middle position. Spread butter across bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish or tart pan.
- Peel potatoes and slice very thinly using a mandoline - use the thinnest setting on your mandoline. Place slices in a large bowl of ice water.
- Drain slices thoroughly between layers of paper towels.
- Bring cream, half and half, rosemary and garlic to a simmer in a large, deep saucepan. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender - about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer 1/3 of the potatoes to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat process for another 1/3 of the potatoes. Add remaining potatoes to baking dish and pour just enough cream and garlic mixture over potatoes to barely cover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. I like to use a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown on top, and potatoes are very tender.
- Remove from oven and grate nutmeg over top just before serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?