Potatoes Au Gratin Tart Recipe
This potatoes au gratin tart is the perfect compliment to grilled and roasted meats and poultry. They look as good as they taste and make an elegant addition to any meal.
Potatoes Au Gratin (Dauphinois) Tart
- 1 T salted butter
- 2 1/2 lbs Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 c light cream
- 1 1/2 c fat free half and half
- 1 garlic clove - finely minced
- 1 T fresh rosemary leaves - finely chopped
- 1 t coarse salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 5 oz Gruyere cheese - finely grated
- 3 oz gorgonzola cheese - finely crumbled
- 1/8 t freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in middle position. Spread butter across bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish or tart pan.
- Peel potatoes and slice very thinly using a mandoline - use the thinnest setting on your mandoline. Place slices in a large bowl of ice water.
- Drain slices thoroughly between layers of paper towels.
- Bring cream, half and half, rosemary and garlic to a simmer in a large, deep saucepan. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender - about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer 1/3 of the potatoes to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat process for another 1/3 of the potatoes. Add remaining potatoes to baking dish and pour just enough cream and garlic mixture over potatoes to barely cover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. I like to use a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown on top, and potatoes are very tender.
- Remove from oven and grate nutmeg over top just before serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?