Pecan Banana Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
These Pecan Banana Buttermilk Waffles are the perfectly crispy and fluffy waffle. The secret is the buttermilk.
The bananas cook and caramelize and make these waffles extra special and perfect for any breakfast or brunch.
Easy enough for everyday but elegant enough for any special occasion.
Pecan Banana Buttermilk Waffles
- 2 eggs - separated into whites and yolks
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 c buttermilk
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 6 T butter - melted
- 2 bananas - thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c pecans - chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 c powdered sugar - optional
- 1 c maple syrup
- Sift together the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the egg yolks until light and frothy.
- Add the buttermilk and melted butter to the egg yolks.
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients. Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy, but not dry.
- Carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a pitcher and heat the waffle iron until the indicator light shows that its ready.
- Pour the batter over the center of the waffle iron until it is about two-thirds covered.
- Add a couple of slices of banana and sprinkle with pecan pieces
- Close the lid and cook for about four minutes.
- Your waffle will be ready when steam stops coming out of the iron, and there shouldn't be too much resistance from the waffle iron.
- Allow the waffles to cool for a bit, so the waffles become a bit crisper.
- Top with extra banana and pecans and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve with butter and hot maple syrup.
Pecan Banana Buttermilk Waffles Serving Tip:Preheat oven to 275 degrees F and place waffles on a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm until all waffles are cooked.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker