Loaded Ultimate Nachos with Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
If you love nachos and really who doesn’t, this is a must-try recipe.
The Salsa Verde Chicken in this recipe is so good and so easy – crockpot set it and forget it – easy you’ll probably make this once or twice a week just to have on hand to throw together super fast lunches and dinners of tacos or burritos.
Nachos are pretty perfect with ooey gooey cheese topping crispy tortilla chips with salsa and guac on the side. But adding some special ingredients can really make your nachos special.
Do nachos really need candied jalapeños or avocado creme? Maybe not but, they really take these nachos over the top.
Loaded Ultimate Nachos with Salsa Verde Chicken is the perfect simple and easy appetizer for an afternoon watching the game or just hanging out with. This recipe takes your nacho making game up a notch by using fresh ingredients and a variety of authentic Mexican cheeses.
Loaded Gourmet Nachos, with Chicken Salsa Verde
Chicken Salsa Verde
- 8 oz boneless - skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs, about 2 breasts, or 4 thighs
- 7 oz Herdez Salsa Verde - 1 small can
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 t Tabasco
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t smoked chili powder
For Candied Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup fresh jalapeño peppers
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T water
- 1 medium avocado - cut in half lengthwise, peel and pit removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 T freshly squeezed lime juice - from about 1 medium lime
- 1/2 t sea salt
Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 red onion - thinly sliced
- 15 oz black beans - canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cup Oaxaca cheese - Quesillo Or Asadero*, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup manchego cheese** - shredded
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- 1/2 c. candied jalapeños
- 1 Cup Corn off the cob - cooked
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese crumbles - or more as desired
- pico de gallo
- avocado crema
- 1/4 cup radish - thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour cream for serving
- Guacamole for serving
- Hot sauce - like Tapitios for serving
Salsa Verde Chicken
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and mix to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 - 5 hours until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove from slow cooker and set aside until ready to use.
- Slice jalapenos into rounds.
- Remove seeds, wear gloves when working with hot peppers.
- Place jalapenos in a small saucepan.
- Add water and sugar.
- Cook over medium/high heat until boiling.
- Reduce temperature and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes until the liquid has reduced and is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Use immediately or let cool to room temperature then place in jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Stored in the refrigerator they will keep for about a week.
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and process until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Transfer the crema to a small bowl.
- If not using immediately, press a sheet of plastic wrap onto the surface and refrigerate for no more than to 2 hours.
Pickled Red Onions
- Whisk first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Place onion in a jar; pour vinegar mixture over. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and chill. Drain onions before using.
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Combine Oaxaca cheese, manchego, and pepper jack cheeses. Reserve cotija cheese for topping.
- Add half the tortilla chips and top with chicken Salsa Verde, half the cheese mixture, half the black beans, half the pickled red onion, half the corn and half the candied jalapeños. Repeat to create another layer.
- Bake until cheese is melty, about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Top with radishes and fresh cilantro. Drizzle with avocado crema and hot sauce and devour.game.
Pin For Later
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker