Loaded Ultimate Nachos with Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
If you love nachos and really who doesn’t, this is a must-try recipe.
The Salsa Verde Chicken in this recipe is so good and so easy – crockpot set it and forget it – easy you’ll probably make this once or twice a week just to have on hand to throw together super fast lunches and dinners of tacos or burritos.
Nachos are pretty perfect with ooey gooey cheese topping crispy tortilla chips with salsa and guac on the side. But adding some special ingredients can really make your nachos special.
Do nachos really need candied jalapeños or avocado creme? Maybe not but, they really take these nachos over the top.
Loaded Ultimate Nachos with Salsa Verde Chicken is the perfect simple and easy appetizer for an afternoon watching the game or just hanging out with. This recipe takes your nacho making game up a notch by using fresh ingredients and a variety of authentic Mexican cheeses.
Loaded Gourmet Nachos, with Chicken Salsa Verde
Chicken Salsa Verde
- 8 oz boneless - skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs, about 2 breasts, or 4 thighs
- 7 oz Herdez Salsa Verde - 1 small can
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 t Tabasco
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t smoked chili powder
For Candied Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup fresh jalapeño peppers
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T water
- 1 medium avocado - cut in half lengthwise, peel and pit removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 T freshly squeezed lime juice - from about 1 medium lime
- 1/2 t sea salt
Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 red onion - thinly sliced
- 15 oz black beans - canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cup Oaxaca cheese - Quesillo Or Asadero*, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup manchego cheese** - shredded
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- 1/2 c. candied jalapeños
- 1 Cup Corn off the cob - cooked
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese crumbles - or more as desired
- pico de gallo
- avocado crema
- 1/4 cup radish - thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour cream for serving
- Guacamole for serving
- Hot sauce - like Tapitios for serving
Salsa Verde Chicken
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and mix to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 - 5 hours until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove from slow cooker and set aside until ready to use.
- Slice jalapenos into rounds.
- Remove seeds, wear gloves when working with hot peppers.
- Place jalapenos in a small saucepan.
- Add water and sugar.
- Cook over medium/high heat until boiling.
- Reduce temperature and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes until the liquid has reduced and is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Use immediately or let cool to room temperature then place in jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Stored in the refrigerator they will keep for about a week.
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and process until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Transfer the crema to a small bowl.
- If not using immediately, press a sheet of plastic wrap onto the surface and refrigerate for no more than to 2 hours.
Pickled Red Onions
- Whisk first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Place onion in a jar; pour vinegar mixture over. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and chill. Drain onions before using.
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Combine Oaxaca cheese, manchego, and pepper jack cheeses. Reserve cotija cheese for topping.
- Add half the tortilla chips and top with chicken Salsa Verde, half the cheese mixture, half the black beans, half the pickled red onion, half the corn and half the candied jalapeños. Repeat to create another layer.
- Bake until cheese is melty, about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Top with radishes and fresh cilantro. Drizzle with avocado crema and hot sauce and devour.game.
Pin For Later
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker