Kentucky Derby Pie is the perfect combination of pecan pie and chocolate. Ooey gooey goodness filled with pecans and chocolate. The perfect dessert for your Kentucky Derby Party.
Kentucky Derby Pie Recipe
- 10- inch Single Crust Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter - 1 stick, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar - packed
- 3/4 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup gourmet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts - shelled and chopped in half if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, on medium speed with whisk attachment, whip butter, sugars, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and bourbon together until frothy.
- Remove bowl from mixer, and fold in chocolate chips and pecans or walnuts. Blend well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm, or cool completely before serving with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker