Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade Sauce Recipe
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes filled with tons of crab. These crab cakes are amazing on their own but really shine with a New Orleans style spicy remoulade sauce.
I love a good crab cake filled with fresh jumbo lump crab meat and very little else. Jumbo lump crab is the star of the show in this recipe. If you can’t get fresh crab meat you can use refrigerated packaged crab meat. I prefer the crab that comes in a plastic container versus the canned.
The key to making canned crab meat taste fresher is to drain the crab in a colander and squeeze lemon juice liberally over the crab and then rinse well with cooking sherry. Let the crab drain well before using. If the crab is still too wet to work with gently pat dry between paper towels.
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T Mayonnaise
- 2 T Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper - very finely chopped
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/4 T Blackening Seasoning such as Tony Chachere's® Creole Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Creole or Dijon Mustard (my favorite creole mustard is Zatarain's®
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Lbs Jumbo Lump Crab Meat - fresh or refrigerated canned
- 1 Cup Finely Crushed Buttery Crackers - like Ritz
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley - chopped, Optional to serve
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Place eggs in a mixing bowl and beat lightly.
- Place next 7 ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix well
- Add the crab meat and finely crushed crackers to the mixing bowl and gently fold into egg & spice mixture, careful not to break the crab meat lumps.
- Using a large scoop or your (clean) hands, to create 3 oz crab cakes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Lightly spray aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Place crab cakes on the foil-lined cooking sheet.
- Cook on the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until crab cakes internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F. Crab cake should be lightly golden brown.
- If the crab cake hasn't browned nicely, and the crab cake has reached temperature, remove from the oven and turn on the broiler. Once broiler is preheated place crab cakes under the broiler for 1 minute.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?