Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade Sauce Recipe
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes filled with tons of crab. These crab cakes are amazing on their own but really shine with a New Orleans style spicy remoulade sauce.
I love a good crab cake filled with fresh jumbo lump crab meat and very little else. Jumbo lump crab is the star of the show in this recipe. If you can’t get fresh crab meat you can use refrigerated packaged crab meat. I prefer the crab that comes in a plastic container versus the canned.
The key to making canned crab meat taste fresher is to drain the crab in a colander and squeeze lemon juice liberally over the crab and then rinse well with cooking sherry. Let the crab drain well before using. If the crab is still too wet to work with gently pat dry between paper towels.
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T Mayonnaise
- 2 T Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper - very finely chopped
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/4 T Blackening Seasoning such as Tony Chachere's® Creole Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Creole or Dijon Mustard (my favorite creole mustard is Zatarain's®
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Lbs Jumbo Lump Crab Meat - fresh or refrigerated canned
- 1 Cup Finely Crushed Buttery Crackers - like Ritz
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley - chopped, Optional to serve
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Place eggs in a mixing bowl and beat lightly.
- Place next 7 ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix well
- Add the crab meat and finely crushed crackers to the mixing bowl and gently fold into egg & spice mixture, careful not to break the crab meat lumps.
- Using a large scoop or your (clean) hands, to create 3 oz crab cakes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Lightly spray aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Place crab cakes on the foil-lined cooking sheet.
- Cook on the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until crab cakes internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F. Crab cake should be lightly golden brown.
- If the crab cake hasn't browned nicely, and the crab cake has reached temperature, remove from the oven and turn on the broiler. Once broiler is preheated place crab cakes under the broiler for 1 minute.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?