How to Make Irish Coffee
When I think about Irish coffee, I’m transported back to the Buena Vista in San Francisco. Irish coffee always feels like a soft blanket to keep the chill of deep fog at bay.
This coffee cocktail is a mixture of brown sugar sweetened coffee, Irish whiskey, and topped with whipped cream.
This is so easy to make and prepare to feel pampered and enveloped by this warm coffee cocktail.
Irish Onion Soup
- 2 T butter
- 4 Lbs onions - sliced
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 t thyme - chopped
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups Guinness or other Irish Stout
- 3 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T grainy mustard
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices 1/4 inch thick day-old bread - toasted
- 1 cup Dubliner - shredded or substitue white cheddar
- In a large saucepan melt 2 T butter over medium heat, add 1/4 cup Guinness Stout and the onions. Cook until completely caramelized and golden brown, about 1 hour, mixing every 10-15 minutes and adding water or Guinness to deglaze the pan as needed to prevent burning.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the remaining 2 T of butter, let it melt, mix in the flour and let it cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the stout and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, grainy mustard, bay leaves, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into oven-proof bowls on a baking sheet, top with the sliced bread and cheese and broil until cheese melts, about 1-3 minutes.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker