Irish Beef and Guinness Stew Recipe
Irish Beef and Guinness Stew is a hearty meal filled with melt-in-your-mouth tender beef and potatoes. This is a family favorite and can be a wonderful set and forget slow cooker meal for any day of the week. And certainly perfect for St Patrick’s Day.
Slow Cooker Directions:
This can be made in the slow cooker, just brown the stew meat in a pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Then place beef and all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Irish Beef and Guinness Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lbs beef stew meat - cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3/4 cup dark beer - such as Guinness
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes - such as Yukon gold, chopped into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1/2 lb carrots - sliced in to 1/2 inch rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, and heat the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, toss the meat with the flour. When the oil is hot add the meat and brown on all sides.
- Reduce the heat, add the bay leaves, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and stir.
- Add the onion to the beef and cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the stock, beer, potatoes, and carrots. Season with the salt and pepper, stir until mixed and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Move the pot to the oven and cook, covered, stirring occasionally until the meat is tender, approximately 2 to 3 hours.
Slow Cooker Directions:This can be made in the slow cooker, just brown the stew meat in a pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Then place beef and all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve hot with homemade Irish Soda Bread. Find the recipe here.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker