Italian Roasted Vegetable Recipe
Learn How to Make Italian Roasted Vegetables. This simple classic recipe is a beautiful way to serve a variety of vegetables for absolutely gorgeous veggie trays.
These are the perfect compliment to charcuterie platters and cheese boards or just a beautiful side dish for a family meal.
Simple Italian Roasted Vegetables
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes - 1 small container
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 butternut squash
- sea salt - freshly ground is preferred
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch fresh basil - leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons herb or white wine vinegar - or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- balsamic glaze
Cooking the Vegetables
- Wash and dry all the vegetables.
Sweat your Eggplant
- Thinly slice eggplant lengthways and place on a paper towel lined baking rack. Lightly salt both sides of the eggplant and let sit for at least 15 minutes. If it goes longer that's fine.
- Pat eggplant dry between paper towels.
- Set Eggplant aside, covered with a wet paper towel
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Halve the squash lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard seeds.
- Peel with a vegetable peeler or knife.
- Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and fresh ground pepper and then spread out in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes and flip the squash. Cook another 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and lightly golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to approximately 450 degrees and liberally coat with cooking spray or olive oil
- Place whole peppers directly on the grill grate and cook to char on all sides (you want them to be pretty black)
- While still hot, place them in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let them cool at room temperature.
Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Fennel, Eggplant and Portabellos
- Thinly slice zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and fennel, lengthways.
- Spray the grill or grill pan with more cooking spray or swab with olive oil.
- Grill the squash, zucchini, eggplant, portobellos, and, fennel together on high for about a minute or two on each side or until nicely charred. Not too dark and still tender crisp.
- Grill in a single layer, you may have to work in batches.
- Transfer to a paper towel and lay them in a single layer DO NOT OVERLAP, the will get soggy.
Asparagus, Pea Pods, Green Onions and Cherry Tomatoes
- Boil the asparagus, pea pods, and green onions in salted water for 1 minute or until tender crisp.
- Drain, and toss with a little olive oil.
- Spray grill liberally with cooking spray or swab with olive oil.
- Grill veggies on high for a minute or 2 until lightly marked.
- Remove from grill and set aside
- Spray grill liberally with cooking spray or swab with olive oil.
- Cook cherry tomatoes on a hot grill pan and blister the tomatoes on high.
- Peel the peppers, do not rinse. Carefully rub off the black skin, remove top seeds and ribs, then cut peppers into large strips.
- Mash about 1/3 of the basil and one clove mashed garlic with a quick grind of salt and pepper using a mortar and pestle or muddler and bowl, until smooth
- Add about 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and the vinegar, to taste.
Dressing the Vegetables
- To create a platter like a picture, separate your vegetables and dress each individually. Or toss all vegetable in a bowl and toss together. Beautiful either way.
- Pour a little dressing over the vegetables and toss quickly so that everything gets coated in the basil oil, then tear the remaining basil and toss them in.
- Either arrange by vegetable type on a large platter or mix everything together and serve on a large plate at room temperature.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy!
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?