Hot Mulled Apple Cider Recipe
Nothing says fall like Hot Mulled Apple Cider. The warmth of the mulling spices combined with local fresh apple cider is a delicious beverage to serve at a fall block party or holiday open house. The spices fill your home with the most amazing aroma that sets the festive mood. I want mulled cider on my stove from now until spring!
HotMulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon fresh cider or organic unfiltered apple juice
- 1 medium orange - cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, cut into 1/4 in cubes
- 4 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise pods
- Orange slices - for serving (optional)
- Pour the cider into a 5-quart or larger stock pot or larger slow cooker.
- Add the orange, ginger, and cinnamon to the pot.
- Place cloves and star anise pods in a double layer of cheesecloth (or in a pinch a coffee filter will work), gather it up and tie closed with kitchen twine or a twist tie.
- Cover the pot or slow cooker and cook until the flavors come together. For the stove top version cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. In a slow cooker, you'll want to heat for 2 - 4 hours on LOW.
- Serve immediately or keep warm. Serve in coffee mugs
- Buy fresh apple cider or organic unfiltered apple juice for the best flavor.
- Cider can be kept tightly sealed in a glass jar for about a week (assuming the original cider would still be good). Just make sure to remove all the spices prior to refrigerating. Discard mulled cider by the cider expiration date.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?