Hot Mulled Apple Cider Recipe
Nothing says fall like Hot Mulled Apple Cider. The warmth of the mulling spices combined with local fresh apple cider is a delicious beverage to serve at a fall block party or holiday open house. The spices fill your home with the most amazing aroma that sets the festive mood. I want mulled cider on my stove from now until spring!
HotMulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon fresh cider or organic unfiltered apple juice
- 1 medium orange - cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, cut into 1/4 in cubes
- 4 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise pods
- Orange slices - for serving (optional)
- Pour the cider into a 5-quart or larger stock pot or larger slow cooker.
- Add the orange, ginger, and cinnamon to the pot.
- Place cloves and star anise pods in a double layer of cheesecloth (or in a pinch a coffee filter will work), gather it up and tie closed with kitchen twine or a twist tie.
- Cover the pot or slow cooker and cook until the flavors come together. For the stove top version cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. In a slow cooker, you'll want to heat for 2 - 4 hours on LOW.
- Serve immediately or keep warm. Serve in coffee mugs
- Buy fresh apple cider or organic unfiltered apple juice for the best flavor.
- Cider can be kept tightly sealed in a glass jar for about a week (assuming the original cider would still be good). Just make sure to remove all the spices prior to refrigerating. Discard mulled cider by the cider expiration date.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?