Hot Mulled Apple Cider Recipe
Nothing says fall like Hot Mulled Apple Cider. The warmth of the mulling spices combined with local fresh apple cider is a delicious beverage to serve at a fall block party or holiday open house. The spices fill your home with the most amazing aroma that sets the festive mood. I want mulled cider on my stove from now until spring!
HotMulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon fresh cider or organic unfiltered apple juice
- 1 medium orange - cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, cut into 1/4 in cubes
- 4 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise pods
- Orange slices - for serving (optional)
- Pour the cider into a 5-quart or larger stock pot or larger slow cooker.
- Add the orange, ginger, and cinnamon to the pot.
- Place cloves and star anise pods in a double layer of cheesecloth (or in a pinch a coffee filter will work), gather it up and tie closed with kitchen twine or a twist tie.
- Cover the pot or slow cooker and cook until the flavors come together. For the stove top version cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. In a slow cooker, you'll want to heat for 2 - 4 hours on LOW.
- Serve immediately or keep warm. Serve in coffee mugs
- Buy fresh apple cider or organic unfiltered apple juice for the best flavor.
- Cider can be kept tightly sealed in a glass jar for about a week (assuming the original cider would still be good). Just make sure to remove all the spices prior to refrigerating. Discard mulled cider by the cider expiration date.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?