Hot Crab Dip Recipe
My Hot Crab Dip recipe is my most requested potluck and party dish. It’s filled with tons of crab and a mixture of gooey cheese. Served with an assortment of cracker, tortilla chips + carrot and celery sticks.
Serving suggestions (great if you end up with leftovers):
- Make this in small ramekins, top with panko breadcrumbs and serve as individual crab au gratin appetizers.
- Serve over a baked potato.
- Make a panini – top your favorite roll with crab mixture and a slice of brie and you have an awesome crab sandwich.
- Top a Filet Mignon with crab dip.
Hot Crab Dip Recipe
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup non fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 - 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- pinch of garlic salt to taste
- couple dashes of Tabasco
- 1/2 - 3/4 of a pound of canned or fresh crab meat
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup or more Mexican or Italian cheese blend
- Assorted crackers, tortilla chips, bread and veggies for dipping
- up to 1 tablespoon of milk - only use if necessary
- Remove any cartilage from crab.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic salt blue cheese and Tabasco until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add a little milk until it is dense and creamy. Carefully fold in the crab meat. Pour into a greased 1 quart casserole and top with cheese blend.
- Bake @ 400 for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is a little browned and crab mix is bubbly. Or place the dish covered with foil grill for 15 minutes, then remove foil and cook for another 5-7 minutes until cheese is a little browned and crab mix is bubbly.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker