Honey Bourbon BBQ Burgers Recipe
Honey Bourbon BBQ Burgers combine the best flavors of summer. Sweet and smoky honey BBQ sauce, a grilled burger topped with blue cheese, red onion, and a caramelized grilled pineapple slice.
Pineapple on a burger? Yep. Trust me, give it a try. It gives the burger just a little sweetness that plays off the sharpness of the crispy red onion.
This burger definitely makes my top 5 list.
Honey Bourbon BBQ Burger
Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 T worcestershire Sauce
- 2 t molasses
- 1 t Tabasco
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 t dry mustard
- 1 t paprika
- 1 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 t onion powder
- 2.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- fresh ground pepper & fresh ground sea salt
- 6 slices pineapple
- 6 slices red onion
- 1 oz olive oil
- 6 oz Maytag Blue Cheese
- 2 oz arugula
- 6 rolls onion rolls
To Make the Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Add Bourbon to a heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced by a third.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The sauce will begin to thicken, continue cooking until you've achieved the desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and use immediately. Allow to cool to room temperature before storing. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Will keep for about 2 weeks.
Honey Bourbon BBQ Burgers
- Heat a grill to medium high.
- Form the ground beef into 6 patties.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Brush burger patties, red onion and pineapple slices with a little olive oil.
- Place patties, red onion and pineapple on grill.
- Cook pineapple and onion until they begin to char and caramelize. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Cook burgers until desired level on doneness has been achieved.
To Assemble Burger
- Slice rolls.
- Place red onion slice on bottom half of roll.
- Top with the burger patty.
- Liberally brush burgers with Honey Bourbon BBQ sauce.
- Top with grilled pineapple, then blue cheese.
- Add a handful of arugula.
- Top with other bun half.
Burger Temperature GuideBurger Doneness Internal Temp
Medium Rare 125-130*F
Medium Well 145-160*F
Well Done > 160*F
Store BBQ sauce in an airtight container (preferably glass) until ready to use. You can store this refrigerated for about 2 weeks.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker