Honey Bourbon BBQ Burgers Recipe
Honey Bourbon BBQ Burgers combine the best flavors of summer. Sweet and smoky honey BBQ sauce, a grilled burger topped with blue cheese, red onion, and a caramelized grilled pineapple slice.
Pineapple on a burger? Yep. Trust me, give it a try. It gives the burger just a little sweetness that plays off the sharpness of the crispy red onion.
This burger definitely makes my top 5 list.
Honey Bourbon BBQ Burger
Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 T worcestershire Sauce
- 2 t molasses
- 1 t Tabasco
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 t dry mustard
- 1 t paprika
- 1 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 t onion powder
- 2.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- fresh ground pepper & fresh ground sea salt
- 6 slices pineapple
- 6 slices red onion
- 1 oz olive oil
- 6 oz Maytag Blue Cheese
- 2 oz arugula
- 6 rolls onion rolls
To Make the Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Add Bourbon to a heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced by a third.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The sauce will begin to thicken, continue cooking until you've achieved the desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and use immediately. Allow to cool to room temperature before storing. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Will keep for about 2 weeks.
Honey Bourbon BBQ Burgers
- Heat a grill to medium high.
- Form the ground beef into 6 patties.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Brush burger patties, red onion and pineapple slices with a little olive oil.
- Place patties, red onion and pineapple on grill.
- Cook pineapple and onion until they begin to char and caramelize. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Cook burgers until desired level on doneness has been achieved.
To Assemble Burger
- Slice rolls.
- Place red onion slice on bottom half of roll.
- Top with the burger patty.
- Liberally brush burgers with Honey Bourbon BBQ sauce.
- Top with grilled pineapple, then blue cheese.
- Add a handful of arugula.
- Top with other bun half.
Burger Temperature GuideBurger Doneness Internal Temp
Medium Rare 125-130*F
Medium Well 145-160*F
Well Done > 160*F
Store BBQ sauce in an airtight container (preferably glass) until ready to use. You can store this refrigerated for about 2 weeks.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker