Homemade Watermelon Thyme Lemonade Recipe
Try this homemade watermelon thyme lemonade for a refreshing summertime beverage. I love making watermelon juices and think the pairing of watermelon and lemon or lime is so amazingly good that I’ve started experimenting with a variety of watermelon and lemonade flavors.
Homemade Watermelon Thyme Lemonade
Watermelon Thyme Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice - Approx. 6 lemons
- 2 cups watermelon
- 4 to 6 cups cold water
Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh Thyme
- Prepare a thyme simple syrup using 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, lightly crush thyme leaves and add to syrup, transfer to a glass bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Allow flavors to combine for several hours or overnight.
- Strain syrup through a small strainer lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter, to remove all thyme. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. This will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Juice the lemons (you want about 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice). You can strain the juice if you would like pulp-free lemonade.
- Juice watermelon in a food processor or blender.
- Combine lemon juice, watermelon juice, and thyme simple syrup. Add 4 cups of cold water. Taste, continue adding water until you reach the desired balance of sweet and tart.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?