Homemade Watermelon Thyme Lemonade Recipe
Try this homemade watermelon thyme lemonade for a refreshing summertime beverage. I love making watermelon juices and think the pairing of watermelon and lemon or lime is so amazingly good that I’ve started experimenting with a variety of watermelon and lemonade flavors.
Homemade Watermelon Thyme Lemonade
Watermelon Thyme Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice - Approx. 6 lemons
- 2 cups watermelon
- 4 to 6 cups cold water
Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh Thyme
- Prepare a thyme simple syrup using 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, lightly crush thyme leaves and add to syrup, transfer to a glass bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Allow flavors to combine for several hours or overnight.
- Strain syrup through a small strainer lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter, to remove all thyme. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. This will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Juice the lemons (you want about 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice). You can strain the juice if you would like pulp-free lemonade.
- Juice watermelon in a food processor or blender.
- Combine lemon juice, watermelon juice, and thyme simple syrup. Add 4 cups of cold water. Taste, continue adding water until you reach the desired balance of sweet and tart.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?