Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad
If you love the sweet goodness of heirloom tomatoes, you’ll love the baby or cherry variety. I can eat them like candy, but they are the perfect addition to almost any salad.
They are especially good in the version of the Greek salad.
The heirloom cherry tomato Greek salad is the perfect side salad for any barbecue and just about any grilled meat or fish. It is especially good with lemon chicken or my lightened version of Chicken Marbella.
Turn this into an entree salad by tossing this with crispy romaine and arugula.
Make it a Meal
Simple and Elegant Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes - sometimes I cut them in half
- .5 small red onion - sliced thinly
- .75 cup kalamata olives - make sure they are pitted
- .75 cup seedless cucumber - sliced thinly and quartered
- 4 oz aged feta
- 2 T oregano - fresh, rough chopped
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 5 T red wine vinegar
- clove garlic - smashed
- salt and pepper - to taste
- red pepper flakes - to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl or bottle. Combine well and let sit while you chop the veggies.
- Chop or slice vegetables. You can either slice the cherry tomatoes in half or leave whole.
- In a large serving bowl add tomatoes and all veggies.
- Toss with dressing.
- Crumble feta over the top of the salad.
More You Might Like…
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Learn How to Make Creative Crudités Platters. Forget the sad vegetable platters from the grocery, these Crudités Platters will wow guests.
Learn how to make an Easy Ice Cream Sundae Bar. A great way to finish off a party or BBQ. Ice cream sundae bars are a fun way to let guests make their own ice cream sundae creations.
Here are 25 of the best hot dog recipes – ever. Hot dogs are a quintessential American backyard grilling fav and one of my all-time favorite go-to for an easy cookout for a crowd.
Taco Nacho Cheese Hot Dog combines all the things you love about nachos and tops a beef hot dog with melty cheese sauce and tortilla chips.
Sometimes there’s just nothing better than a classic chili hot dog. Make a batch of homemade slow cooker chili to top your chili dog.
Buffalo Sauced Hot Dog with Blue Cheese and shaved celery combines all the flavors of our favorite buffalo wings into an awesome hot dog.
This is such an amazing hot dog. Beer Steamed Hot Dog with Gruyere and beer soaked onions topped with a honey dijon mustard.
Upgrade your chili dog this season with this black bean chili dog. A hot dog topped with sour cream, cheese, and crushed tortillas.
Hot dogs may not be health food but adding some amazing fresh farmer’s market finds to your next hot dog roast will be a definite upgrade. Locally grown greens, stone ground mustard, fresh herbs, and heirloom tomatoes top a healthier chicken hot dog.
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker