Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad
If you love the sweet goodness of heirloom tomatoes, you’ll love the baby or cherry variety. I can eat them like candy, but they are the perfect addition to almost any salad.
They are especially good in the version of the Greek salad.
The heirloom cherry tomato Greek salad is the perfect side salad for any barbecue and just about any grilled meat or fish. It is especially good with lemon chicken or my lightened version of Chicken Marbella.
Turn this into an entree salad by tossing this with crispy romaine and arugula.
Make it a Meal
Simple and Elegant Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes - sometimes I cut them in half
- .5 small red onion - sliced thinly
- .75 cup kalamata olives - make sure they are pitted
- .75 cup seedless cucumber - sliced thinly and quartered
- 4 oz aged feta
- 2 T oregano - fresh, rough chopped
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 5 T red wine vinegar
- clove garlic - smashed
- salt and pepper - to taste
- red pepper flakes - to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl or bottle. Combine well and let sit while you chop the veggies.
- Chop or slice vegetables. You can either slice the cherry tomatoes in half or leave whole.
- In a large serving bowl add tomatoes and all veggies.
- Toss with dressing.
- Crumble feta over the top of the salad.
More You Might Like…
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Grilling is my favorite way to cook corn and it’s a super easy side for any barbecue. Try my super easy Grilled Mexican Street Corn recipe. You’ll never boil corn again.
Oven Baked Tostadas Shells are super easy to make and perfect with shredded Mexican chicken. 2 shells are just 50 calories so these easily fit into your healthy eating plan.
Can you say taco Tuesday? Set your slow cooker on low when you leave for work in the morning and you’ll be eating yummy beef tacos for dinner.
The beer and the chilies add a ton of flavor. Give this a try, your taste buds will thank you.
Try this Super easy Chicken Fajitas recipe. You’ll never go out for fajitas again because these are so much better and better for you.
Nothing is easier than this Slow Cooker Chicken Mole recipe. I love chicken mole but it’s hard to find on a menu, now you can make it anytime.
This easy classic Margarita Recipe will become your favorite go-to margarita recipe. You can always add fruit to create your own margarita.
Kentucky Burgoo was a dish designed to feed lots of people for very little money. It’s a thick country stew filled with meat and veggies.
Refreshing, light and delicious. This super easy watermelon and feta cheese salad recipe is sure to be a big hit.
Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich is an iconic sandwich from Louisville, Kentucky’s Brown Hotel. The perfect for your Kentucky Derby party.
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker