Slow Cooker Guinness Pulled Pork Recipes
Simple. Easy. Delicious.
Yeah, I know you shouldn’t use beer or wine in a slow cooker. The trick is to reduce the beer just slightly before using this as your braising liquid.
The Guinness reduction gives this pork a deep rich flavor without any bitterness. And the low and slow cooking in your Crock Pot will give you the perfect fall-apart pulled pork you’ll ever have.
This pork makes great sandwiches or sliders and a really tasty topping for Irish Totchos.
This is sure to become a new go-to recipe.
If you need a pulled pork recipe that doesn’t use alcohol in the braising liquid try my Slow Cooker Italian Roast Pork.
Slow Cooker Guinness Pulled pork
- Slow Cooker
- 11 oz Guinness extra-stout beer - 1 - 11.2 bottle
- 4 lb. boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion - thinly sliced
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 2 t salt
- 1 t crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/2 t freshly-cracked black pepper
- In a small saucepan bring the bottle of beer to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until the pork is ready for the slow cooker.
- Make a rub by mixing the paprika, salt, crushed red pepper, minced garlic, and black pepper until combined.
- Rub the mixture all over the surface of the pork until well seasoned.
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with sliced onions
- Add pork to slow cooker.
- Pour Guinness reduction over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 8-9 hours. The pork should be so tender it shreds easily with a fork.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker