Grilled Zucchini, Squash and Asparagus Recipe
Grilled veggies are delicious, nutritious and super easy. Try this Grilled Zucchini, Squash and Asparagus recipe for a quick side dish for your next BBQ.
My family loves grilled zucchini and squash. They let me add asparagus since it’s one of my favorite vegetables.
You can experiment with different veggie combinations, just remember to cut your veggies to about the same thickness, so they cook evenly.
Grilled Zucchini, Squash and Asparagus
- 3 yellow squash - about 1 pound total, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 3 zucchini - about 12 ounces total, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 1 red onion - medium cut into quarters
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 t chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 t chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 t finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Heat or prepare a grill to 400 to 450 degrees F.
- Brush the zucchini and squash with olive oil to coat lightly, squeeze 1/2 the lemon juice over zucchini and squash, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper
- Using either an oiled large grill pan or a large sheet of non-stick aluminum foil, grill the Zucchini, squash and red onion for about 5 minutes
- Add asparagus and grill for an additional 4 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, whisk 2 tablespoons of oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the herb vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Serve the vegetables, warm or at room temperature.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker