Grilled Zucchini, Squash and Asparagus Recipe
Grilled veggies are delicious, nutritious and super easy. Try this Grilled Zucchini, Squash and Asparagus recipe for a quick side dish for your next BBQ.
My family loves grilled zucchini and squash. They let me add asparagus since it’s one of my favorite vegetables.
You can experiment with different veggie combinations, just remember to cut your veggies to about the same thickness, so they cook evenly.
Grilled Zucchini, Squash and Asparagus
- 3 yellow squash - about 1 pound total, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 3 zucchini - about 12 ounces total, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 1 red onion - medium cut into quarters
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 t chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 t chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 t finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Heat or prepare a grill to 400 to 450 degrees F.
- Brush the zucchini and squash with olive oil to coat lightly, squeeze 1/2 the lemon juice over zucchini and squash, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper
- Using either an oiled large grill pan or a large sheet of non-stick aluminum foil, grill the Zucchini, squash and red onion for about 5 minutes
- Add asparagus and grill for an additional 4 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, whisk 2 tablespoons of oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the herb vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Serve the vegetables, warm or at room temperature.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker