Easy Grilled Sausage and Peppers Recipe
My Philly husband loves sausage and peppers. I’ve adapted the traditional recipe so that it can be the centerpiece of our backyard barbecues. The peppers and onions steam perfectly in foil packs and grilling the sausage bring out the smoky flavor of the hot Italian sausage. We have the perfect sausage and peppers, now if I could just get Cacia’s or Sarcone’s rolls in Florida…
Grilled Sausage and Peppers
- 2 lbs Hot Italian Sausage - 8 sausages
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 cups red bell pepper
- 2 cups green bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cups vidalia onion
- 8 hoagie rolls - If you are in Philly, pick your favorite, for the rest of us buy the best deli or bakery roll you can find.
- Heat grill to about 450 degrees F
Peppers and onions
- Slice pepper and onions into strips. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with olive oil.
- Wrap peppers and onions in a double layer of heavy duty tin foil. You'll probably need to create 2 or 3 packets.
- Fold and seal foil into packets.
- Cook foil packets on direct heat for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping several times.
- Serve immediately with Sausages
Grilled Hot Italian Sausage
- Place sausage directly on grates and grill until the sausage casing begins to crisp on the outside.
- Remove sausage to a cutting board and butterfly the sausage.
- Return the sausage to the grill butterflied inside of the sausage face down on the grill.
- Cook until the inside of the sausage begins to char.
- Remove from grill and immediately serve on a long roll with peppers and onions.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?