Easy Grilled Sausage and Peppers Recipe
My Philly husband loves sausage and peppers. I’ve adapted the traditional recipe so that it can be the centerpiece of our backyard barbecues. The peppers and onions steam perfectly in foil packs and grilling the sausage bring out the smoky flavor of the hot Italian sausage. We have the perfect sausage and peppers, now if I could just get Cacia’s or Sarcone’s rolls in Florida…
Grilled Sausage and Peppers
- 2 lbs Hot Italian Sausage - 8 sausages
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 cups red bell pepper
- 2 cups green bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cups vidalia onion
- 8 hoagie rolls - If you are in Philly, pick your favorite, for the rest of us buy the best deli or bakery roll you can find.
- Heat grill to about 450 degrees F
Peppers and onions
- Slice pepper and onions into strips. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with olive oil.
- Wrap peppers and onions in a double layer of heavy duty tin foil. You'll probably need to create 2 or 3 packets.
- Fold and seal foil into packets.
- Cook foil packets on direct heat for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping several times.
- Serve immediately with Sausages
Grilled Hot Italian Sausage
- Place sausage directly on grates and grill until the sausage casing begins to crisp on the outside.
- Remove sausage to a cutting board and butterfly the sausage.
- Return the sausage to the grill butterflied inside of the sausage face down on the grill.
- Cook until the inside of the sausage begins to char.
- Remove from grill and immediately serve on a long roll with peppers and onions.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?