Grilled Corn Recipe
I can still remember the first time I tasted grilled corn on the cob. It was a 4th of July barbecue in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. The firemen were grilling ears of corn for the crowd. They had giant barrels of corn soaking in water and a giant grill filled with corn. They would pull them off the grill, dip them in a can of melted butter, sprinkle with salt and then hand it over to be consumed. It was amazing.
Grilled Mexican Street Corn
- 8 Ears of corn in the husk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely crumbled Cotija cheese - you can substitute feta cheese if you cant fin Cotija, plus more for serving
- 1 t chipotle chili powder - plus more for serving
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 limes - cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- Soak corn in husks in a tub of water for about an hour.
- Combine sour cream, Cotija cheese, chili powder, cayenne, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir to combine and refrigerate.
- Cook corn on a hot grill, I want my grill to b between 450 and 500 degrees, turn the corn occasionally, until cooked through and it is well charred on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- I usually cook the corn while the main course rests.
- Using a grilling mitt, Pull back the husk and remove as much silk as possible.
- Use a spoon to coat the corn with the cheese mixture.
- Squeeze lime over top
- Serve immediately.
- Serve extra Cotija, chili powder, cayenne, salt, pepper on the side.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?