Grilled Mexican Street Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe
Grilled Mexican Street Corn and Black Bean Salsa is the perfect warm salsa to serve with tacos, enchiladas, or your favorite Mexican recipe. I love to make this as a simple side dish for any Mexican meal. Doubled this is a favorite for potlucks served with tortilla chips.
Or just open a bags of tortilla chips and grab a fresh lime margarita and dig in.
Grilled Mexican Street Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- Oil - for the grill grates
- 6 ears corn - in husks
- 4 scallions
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 jalapeños - seeded and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1 poblano pepper
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 t chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t cumin
- 1 lime - juiced
- 2 limes - cut in wedges
- 1 clove garlic - finely grated
- 15 oz can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cojita cheese - substitute Pecorino-Romano or grated Parmesan cheese if you can't find Cojita
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado - fresh, diced
- 2 tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - fresh and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Avocado Crema - optional see recipe
- 2 limes
- Soak corn in water for at least a 1/2 hour (or up to 4 hours) before grilling.
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Liberally oil the grates.
- Place corn, scallions, jalapeños, poblano pepper, and bell pepper directly on the grates to cook.
- Grill scallions for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to char.
- Grill peppers for 2 minutes per side for a total of 8 minutes until well charred.
- Grill corn for 10 minutes until charred
- Set vegetables aside to cool. Vegetables should still be warm when you put the salad together.
- While vegetables cool, mix sour cream, 1/2 cup Cojita cheese, chipotle chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, lime juice, 1 T cilantro, and garlic together in a medium bowl.
- Shuck corn and remove corn kernels from the cobs.
- Remove seeds and ribs from red, poblano, and jalapeños pepper and cut into small dice.
- Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Put all veggies into the bowl with the sour cream mixture and gently mix to combine
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the remaining Cojita cheese over the salad.
- Top with the chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and diced avocado.
- Drizzle with avocado crema, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 6 hours until ready to serve.
- Grill veggies up to 2 days before and cool completely before tightly sealing them and refrigerating until ready to use.
- Mix sour cream and cheese mixture just prior to serving.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, and tomato just prior to serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker