Grilled Mexican Street Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe
Grilled Mexican Street Corn and Black Bean Salsa is the perfect warm salsa to serve with tacos, enchiladas, or your favorite Mexican recipe. I love to make this as a simple side dish for any Mexican meal. Doubled this is a favorite for potlucks served with tortilla chips.
Or just open a bags of tortilla chips and grab a fresh lime margarita and dig in.
Grilled Mexican Street Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- Oil - for the grill grates
- 6 ears corn - in husks
- 4 scallions
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 jalapeños - seeded and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1 poblano pepper
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 t chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t cumin
- 1 lime - juiced
- 2 limes - cut in wedges
- 1 clove garlic - finely grated
- 15 oz can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cojita cheese - substitute Pecorino-Romano or grated Parmesan cheese if you can't find Cojita
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado - fresh, diced
- 2 tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - fresh and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Avocado Crema - optional see recipe
- 2 limes
- Soak corn in water for at least a 1/2 hour (or up to 4 hours) before grilling.
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Liberally oil the grates.
- Place corn, scallions, jalapeños, poblano pepper, and bell pepper directly on the grates to cook.
- Grill scallions for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to char.
- Grill peppers for 2 minutes per side for a total of 8 minutes until well charred.
- Grill corn for 10 minutes until charred
- Set vegetables aside to cool. Vegetables should still be warm when you put the salad together.
- While vegetables cool, mix sour cream, 1/2 cup Cojita cheese, chipotle chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, lime juice, 1 T cilantro, and garlic together in a medium bowl.
- Shuck corn and remove corn kernels from the cobs.
- Remove seeds and ribs from red, poblano, and jalapeños pepper and cut into small dice.
- Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Put all veggies into the bowl with the sour cream mixture and gently mix to combine
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the remaining Cojita cheese over the salad.
- Top with the chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and diced avocado.
- Drizzle with avocado crema, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 6 hours until ready to serve.
- Grill veggies up to 2 days before and cool completely before tightly sealing them and refrigerating until ready to use.
- Mix sour cream and cheese mixture just prior to serving.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, and tomato just prior to serving.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker