Grilled Lobster Mac and Cheese
Grilled Lobster Mac and Cheese is an all-time favorite. Grilling the lobster before adding to the Lobster Mac and Cheese makes this recipe a true standout. So decadent and so good. Grilled Lobster Mac and Cheese is the perfect dish for special occasions but it’s so easy to make you can have it any night of the week.
Replace lobster with shrimp or crab meat.
Grilled Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 6 lobster tails
- 1 lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 1/2 cups yellow sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper - plus 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Substitute smoked paprika if you don't like a little heat
- 1/4 cup seasoned panko
- Spray coconut oil
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
- Using scissors, cut the top of lobster shell lengthwise down the center, leaving tail and fin intact. Loosen meat from shell, keeping the fin end attached; lift meat and lay over the shell.
- Squeeze a little lemon over each tail.
- Grill 10 - 12 minutes or until the shell has turned bright red and the meat is no longer transparent. you want to undercook the lobster just slightly since it will continue to cook with the mac and cheese.
- Make sure not to overcook the lobster - it will get tough.
- When cooked completely let cool.
- Remove meat from shell and cut small bite size pieces and set aside
For the Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degree
- Boil elbow macaroni in salted boiling water according to package directions or until al dente - drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and then whisk in flour to thicken about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of non-fat milk and whisk in.
- Begin adding cheeses a little at a time, thoroughly whisking to melt and blend.
- If sauce becomes too thick, add remaining cup of milk.
- Once all cheeses are blended add salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and heavy cream. Add elbows to the mixture and stir again.
- Add cooked grilled lobster and stir again.
- Once combined well, add to a cast iron skillet or 9 by 13-inch rectangle casserole dish, (either should be sprayed with coconut oil to prevent sticking)
- Sprinkle top with panko and an additional 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Substitute smoked paprika if you don't like a little heat
- Cook in a 400-degree oven until bubbly and the Panko toppoing is golden brown
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- You can also finish this dish on the grill - just use a grill safe pan and grill for about 12 minutes.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker