Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe
For a different twist on the same old potato salad try this Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe. You can really taste the potatoes without all the yucky mayonnaise. This is a lower calorie version using fresh ingredients and baked potatoes.
Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil - for brushing
- 8 strips very crisp bacon - cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 stick salted butter - softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 T garlic - crushed and minced
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 bunch scallions - thinly sliced
- 8 oz Mexican Blend cheese - shredded
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 2 T Cilantro
- dash or two of Tabasco or other hot sauce.
- Heat grill to high
- Wash and scrub potatoes
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork; brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt (optional)
- Wrap potatoes in heavy duty tin foil.
- "Bake" until tender, about an hour.
- Alternately, cook potatoes in the microwave until almost cooked through. Then brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt (optional) and place directly on the grill grates and cook turning frequently until skin is blistered and becoming crispy.
- Let cool slightly, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a skillet cook/heat bacon until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel. Or place on a wire rack and bake @ 450 degrees F until crispy. Crumble bacon.
- Combine butter and sour cream in a large bowl season to taste with salt and pepper and hot sauce if you are using
- Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions garlic and cheese.
- Serve at warm or at room temperature and garnish with cilantro.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Keep Bugs Away Outdoors. These secret chemical-free hacks are guaranteed to keep your next backyard barbecue bug-free. Your guests will thank you.
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?