Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe
For a different twist on the same old potato salad try this Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe. You can really taste the potatoes without all the yucky mayonnaise. This is a lower calorie version using fresh ingredients and baked potatoes.
Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil - for brushing
- 8 strips very crisp bacon - cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 stick salted butter - softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 T garlic - crushed and minced
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 bunch scallions - thinly sliced
- 8 oz Mexican Blend cheese - shredded
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 2 T Cilantro
- dash or two of Tabasco or other hot sauce.
- Heat grill to high
- Wash and scrub potatoes
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork; brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt (optional)
- Wrap potatoes in heavy duty tin foil.
- "Bake" until tender, about an hour.
- Alternately, cook potatoes in the microwave until almost cooked through. Then brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt (optional) and place directly on the grill grates and cook turning frequently until skin is blistered and becoming crispy.
- Let cool slightly, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a skillet cook/heat bacon until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel. Or place on a wire rack and bake @ 450 degrees F until crispy. Crumble bacon.
- Combine butter and sour cream in a large bowl season to taste with salt and pepper and hot sauce if you are using
- Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions garlic and cheese.
- Serve at warm or at room temperature and garnish with cilantro.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?