Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe
For a different twist on the same old potato salad try this Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe. You can really taste the potatoes without all the yucky mayonnaise. This is a lower calorie version using fresh ingredients and baked potatoes.
Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil - for brushing
- 8 strips very crisp bacon - cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 stick salted butter - softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 T garlic - crushed and minced
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 bunch scallions - thinly sliced
- 8 oz Mexican Blend cheese - shredded
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 2 T Cilantro
- dash or two of Tabasco or other hot sauce.
- Heat grill to high
- Wash and scrub potatoes
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork; brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt (optional)
- Wrap potatoes in heavy duty tin foil.
- "Bake" until tender, about an hour.
- Alternately, cook potatoes in the microwave until almost cooked through. Then brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt (optional) and place directly on the grill grates and cook turning frequently until skin is blistered and becoming crispy.
- Let cool slightly, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a skillet cook/heat bacon until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel. Or place on a wire rack and bake @ 450 degrees F until crispy. Crumble bacon.
- Combine butter and sour cream in a large bowl season to taste with salt and pepper and hot sauce if you are using
- Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions garlic and cheese.
- Serve at warm or at room temperature and garnish with cilantro.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?