Can’t head to the islands for vacation? You can still enjoy traditional Jamaican Jerk in your own backyard. I love spicy food and Jamaican jerk spices are the perfect complement to grilled turkey. This grilled jerk turkey breast recipe is super easy to make and requires very little prep work so you’ll be eating in no time. Grab a Red Stripe, heat up the grill and let’s make this jerk spiced turkey breast. Cheers.
Jerk Rubbed Grill Turkey
- 7 lbs Fresh or thawed Turkey Breast Split in half
- 2 limes - cut into wedges
- mesquite wood chips
Jerk Spice Rub Ingredients
- 1 T onion flakes
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T olive oil - extra virgin
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 t ground thyme
- 2 t dried chives
- 2 t salt
- 1 t ground allspice
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t cayenne
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- Clean turkey thoroughly. Pat dry. Loosen skin.
- Cut slits in turkey breast and place cloves of garlic in the slits
- Pierce turkey breast gently with a fork and then rub with Jerk spice rub under the skin.
- Let Turkey Breast rest in a cool place for at least 30 minutes.
- Wrap turkey bone side down in heavy duty foil and place on a grill preheated to 400° for indirect grilling.
- Place mesquite chips in a heatproof/flameproof container or directly on coals.
- Cook for an hour to an hour & 1/2 - grilling time will vary based on the consistency of heat. At 45 minutes open the foil packet to expose the top of the breast.
- Turkey is done when juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads 165° when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Let rest for 15 minutes then carve and serve with lime wedges.
Jerk Rub Preparation:
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This rub will last several months, so if you want to make a large batch adjust the measurements accordingly.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
Spicy Orange Muddled Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling the fruit all the flavor of both the juice and the zest.
Spicy Classic Margarita turns up the heat with a slice of jalapeno and paired with a sweet heat rim of sugar and chipotle chili.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?