Can’t head to the islands for vacation? You can still enjoy traditional Jamaican Jerk in your own backyard. I love spicy food and Jamaican jerk spices are the perfect complement to grilled turkey. This grilled jerk turkey breast recipe is super easy to make and requires very little prep work so you’ll be eating in no time. Grab a Red Stripe, heat up the grill and let’s make this jerk spiced turkey breast. Cheers.
Jerk Rubbed Grill Turkey
- 7 lbs Fresh or thawed Turkey Breast Split in half
- 2 limes - cut into wedges
- mesquite wood chips
Jerk Spice Rub Ingredients
- 1 T onion flakes
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T olive oil - extra virgin
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 t ground thyme
- 2 t dried chives
- 2 t salt
- 1 t ground allspice
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t cayenne
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- Clean turkey thoroughly. Pat dry. Loosen skin.
- Cut slits in turkey breast and place cloves of garlic in the slits
- Pierce turkey breast gently with a fork and then rub with Jerk spice rub under the skin.
- Let Turkey Breast rest in a cool place for at least 30 minutes.
- Wrap turkey bone side down in heavy duty foil and place on a grill preheated to 400° for indirect grilling.
- Place mesquite chips in a heatproof/flameproof container or directly on coals.
- Cook for an hour to an hour & 1/2 - grilling time will vary based on the consistency of heat. At 45 minutes open the foil packet to expose the top of the breast.
- Turkey is done when juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads 165° when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Let rest for 15 minutes then carve and serve with lime wedges.
Jerk Rub Preparation:
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This rub will last several months, so if you want to make a large batch adjust the measurements accordingly.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker
This is me hangin’ out on the boat – it’s an absolutely gorgeous day in the Florida Keys – doing what wannabe mermaids do best…splashing in the waves + soaking up the sun. Life’s amazing. Want to learn more?