Grilled Jamaican Jerk Pork Recipe
Can’t head to the islands for vacation? You can still enjoy traditional Jamaican Jerk in your own backyard. I love spicy food and Jamaican jerk spices are the perfect complement to grilled pork tenderloin.
This grilled jerk pork tenderloin recipe is super easy to make and requires very little prep work so you’ll be eating in no time.
Grab a Red Stripe, heat up the grill and let’s make this jerk spiced pork tenderloin.
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Pork
- 4 lbs Pork Tenderloin - trimmed
- 2 limes - cut into wedges
- mesquite wood chips
Jerk Spice Rub Ingredients
- 1 T onion flakes
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T olive oil - extra virgin
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 t ground thyme
- 2 t dried chives
- 2 t salt
- 1 t ground allspice
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t cayenne
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
Pork Tenderloin Preparation:
- Trim Pork tenderloin and remove silver. Pat dry.
- Cut slits in tenderloin and place cloves of garlic in the slits
- Pierce pork gently with a fork and then rub with Jerk spice rub under the skin.
- Let tenderloin restrefrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- Place on a grill preheated to 400° for indirect grilling.
- Place mesquite chips in a heatproof/flameproof container or directly on coals.
- Cook until internal temperature is 145 degrees F - grilling time will vary based on the consistency of heat. Turn frequently to avoid burning.
- Let rest for 4 minutes then carve and serve with lime wedges.
Jerk Rub Preparation:
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This rub will last several months, so if you want to make a large batch adjust the measurements accordingly.
- Marinate with lime and jerk spices for grilled chicken
- Grilled Turkey breast
- Mix into ground beef and make jerk burgers.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
Mermaid Smoothie breakfast bowls are as delicious as they are beautiful. Coconut yogurt makes this bowl super creamy, a secret makes it blue.
Mother’s Day Recipes and Menus. Celebrate Mom with 11 full menu ideas with recipes for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Thanks, Mom!
Calling all Mermaids. The mermaid margarita is as delicious as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit juices, tequila, and a splash of Blue Curacao. Yum!
Creamy Coconut Margarita Recipe. Move over Pina Colada. This creamy dreamy coconut margarita has all the coconutty goodness without being too sweet.
Grab your little cocktail umbrellas and make a pitcher or two of these little beauties. A tropical vacation in a glass.
Muddled Raspberry Margarita Recipe is the perfect fresh fruit margarita. Muddling releases the juice and sweetness of the fruit.
This amazing roasted pineapple margarita is sweet but not too sweet and caramelized from grilling. Add a slice of jalapeno for a little kick.
Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mexican independence with a south of the border inspired Mexican Fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Cocktails – 21 Mexican Cocktails to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Margaritas, Palomas and more. Tequila tasting bar.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker