Fried Shrimp Po’boy With Creole Remoulade Recipe
Fried Shrimp Po’boy With Creole Remoulade is an iconic New Orleans sandwich, filled with crispy fried shrimp served on buttered French bread. Yum!
When I go back home to New Orleans the first 2 things I get are a drive-through daiquiri and a fried shrimp Po’boy. I know I’m home and in heaven.
Ask anyone from New Orleans where to get the best Po’boy and you are sure to get a passionate response – because everyone has a favorite – mine is Acme Oyster House in the Quarter.
Fried Shrimp Po'boy with Creole Remoulade
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp - about 36, Fresh Gulf coast or Pink Key West - peeled and deveined
- Cajun Spice Mix - homemade or packaged
- 12 oz bottle Abita Beer Amber - or other craft brewed Amber
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 t cayenne - or more to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- 1 t Tabasco - or more to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 French rolls - split horizontally
- Rémoulade - see recipe link in notes
To Dress Po'boy
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- dill pickles
- hot pepper sauce - optional, preferably Tabasco or Crystal
- Marinate shrimp in Beer and Tabasco for 5 minutes
- Heat deep fryer based on manufacturers instructions
- Thoroughly mix flour, cornmeal, cajun spice mix, cayenne, and black pepper - make this as spicy as you like
- Dredge shrimp in flour mixture and immediately deep fry until golden and cooked through, about 4 or 5 minutes. Don't overcrowd the deep fryer, cook in batches, and make sure the deep fryer returns to the correct cooking temperature before cooking the next batch.
- Drain on paper towel
Po Boy Assembly
- Melt the butter
- Lightly Toast the bread in an oven or on a griddle
- Brush inside of top and bottom piece of bread with melted butter
- Slather on some remoulade to taste
- Add the fried shrimp
- Dress if desire
- Add a dash or hot sauce if you like
- Put the top on
< Eat < Drink < Party <
35 Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes. There is nothing better than cooking a romantic dinner and enjoying Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Making a romantic dinner at home can be fun and easy – just stick with elegant, simple meals that come together in no time and are super easy to make.
All these recipes are tried and true – each one tested and guaranteed to be easy and foolproof.
23 Easy Recipes for Mardi Gras. Celebrate Mardi Gras with easy recipes to feed a crowd. Everything from Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Famous New Orleans Morning Call Beignets, King Cake, Pat O’Brien’s Copycat Hurricane Cocktail, a King Cake Martini and so much more… These super easy Mardi Gras recipes guarantee everyone will have a great time and you’ll have time to spend with family and friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. Delicious, Quick + Easy. Ready in 20 minutes. Everything you love about Buffalo wings without the bones + the mess. These little tasty beauties are spicy and zesty — the perfect finger food. + Since they aren’t deep fried they are a healthier option.
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker