Filet Mignon with Garlic and Blue Cheese
There is nothing better than a grilled Filet Mignon with Garlic and Blue Cheese. Fancy enough for a special occasion but simple and easy for every day.
This is one of my favorite flavor pairings. The tangy blue cheese with the sharp garlic served over a buttery filet mignon. My mouth is watering just thinking about the flavors. My husband doesn’t love blue cheese so I use a sharp Italian cheese like asiago for his filet. You can experiment with different cheese and spice and herb combinations.
Filet Mignon with Roast Garlic Blue Cheese Sauce
- 30 oz Filet Mignons - Six 5 oz Filets
- 2 T salted butter
- 3 cloves Garlic - roasted* and crushed
- 5 oz Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Salt - Pepper, to taste
- 1 t Fresh Rosemary - Chopped
- Heat grill heated to 450 degrees
- Season filets with salt and pepper, to taste
- Let sit covered while you whip up the blue cheese topping
- Melt butter.
- Remove from heat and add blue cheese, fresh rosemary, and roasted garlic and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Grill filets to the 5 degrees less than the desired temperature. (135 degrees for medium rare and 145 degrees for medium. The USDA suggests cooking to 145 degrees. Remove steaks when the meat thermometer reads 5 degrees less than the desired temperature.)
- Top with Roasted Garlic Blue Cheese Sauce and cook covered for 1 minute.
- Remove from grill and serve.
< Eat < Drink < Party <
Caprese Salad an Italian Classic. Layers of tomato and mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Fresh and tasty.
Eggplant Milanese. Better than take-out and done in 30 minutes. Special enough for a party, simple enough for tonight!
Pork Al Pastor perfectly pairs sweet pineapple with smokey chipotles. Using a slow cooker may not be authentic but it makes it easy to serve pork Al Pastor tacos for taco Tuesday or any day.
Chicken Milanese with an arugula salad recipe. Simple and elegant chicken Milanese is ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce is the perfect Thai appetizer. The crunchy peanut sauce is so good – a new family favorite.
Creamy and spicy Chicken Pineapple Curry. Way better than take-out. Simple and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Filled with fresh veggies and just a touch of sweetness from the pineapple. Elegant enough for entertaining, simple enough for dinner tonight!
This Make Your Own Burger Bar is the perfect backyard barbecue. Everyone loves a good burger and this party is super easy and stress-free.
4th of July Barbecue Recipes to celebrate Independence Day. This easy-breezy 4th of July Barbecue menu includes all-American BBQ favs.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato Greek Salad is the perfect light summer salad. The vibrant flavors pair well with grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
41 Recipes for a Father’s Day Barbecue. A laidback barbecue is a perfect way to celebrate Dad. So fire up the grill and get cooking.
101 Easy Recipes for the Perfect Memorial Day Celebration. Celebrate Memorial Day with easy stress-free recipes and barbecue ideas.
Learn How to Entertain Safely During Covid-19. Keep family and friends safe as we return to entertaining responsibly. Enjoy life and celebrations with these easy to follow tips. Simple steps to stay healthy.
DIY + Create
I love serving homemade meals and entertaining, but I don’t love spending all my time in the kitchen… Sound familiar? I’ll share my shortcuts for getting delicious, healthy food on the table – easy, fast & stress-free. All of my recipes have been tested on family and friends. We love them and I hope you will too.
Chief Mermaid & Mojito Maker